Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2016, 02:10 PM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
And judging by what we know so far, he doesn't seem to give a shit about what he did. Not in the slightest.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-06-2016, 02:32 PM
(07-06-2016 02:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 12:16 PM)skyking Wrote:  I don't want the state to kill him. So that means we have to do something else and at the end of the day he will be back in society.

True. So we want to make an impression on him that rape is not anything he wants to do. It's not necessarily an addiction like some perversions, it's probably a crime of opportunity , lack of empathy and thoughtlessness. We can remove the opportunity and wait for some thoughtfulness regarding such situations to kick in.

With a father like that, and such a short sentence, I doubt he will learn anything from it. He needs to want to avoid this in the future.

agree. His sentence was reduced FROM 6 months, just so we are clear. It is less, the last I heard on the news. So much so I can't say it. The whole system is broken IMO, beyond the scope of this thread.
Weeping
07-06-2016, 02:56 PM
If you're wealthy and connected you can effectively get away with just about anything.

It's fucked up.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-06-2016, 02:57 PM
(07-06-2016 02:08 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 12:18 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Passive aggressive. Look it up. That's talking oppositional without trying to take any responsibility for an indefensible position.

You know, posting, "I shouldn't have even posted" while all the time you're posting exactly what you wanted but without any ownership.
*sigh*, don't worry, I've been long aware that you don't like how I conduct myself on here. While I'm pretty sure the passive aggressive characterization is mis-attributed. I own my words in that I try not to say anything I don't mean. However I'm not interested in conflict, nor do I care if you want to argue about my opinions.

I simply wish to express myself without being attacked. You can call that whatever you want.

More passive aggressive victmhood. No, not buying that. It's unreasonable to presume you can take part in a social setting and say whatever you please without being called out for your ideas when they are objectionable. You expressed empathy for a rapist with none for the victim and I objected. If you don't like being held accountable for your ideas that's too bad.

Whether I like you or not is not the issue I take excception to your ideas on this issue as others have. That's not an attack and if you think it is it completely explains why
you haven't any empathy for the victim.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
07-06-2016, 03:06 PM
I just read the victim's letter. The letter the rapist's father wrote must put Shakespeare to shame because her letter made me want to string the little bastard up.

As for the rapiest being a human being too, so what? Many human beings are reprehensible and not deserving of empathy or compassion. I don't understand that point at all.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
07-06-2016, 04:19 PM
(07-06-2016 11:00 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Yet so many people like to express themselves in cases like these like they want him publicly lynched. I don't understand the bloodlust. Let him repent, let him atone, let him receive his humane punishment, and let us all get on with our lives.

That last sentence sounded religious, but that wasn't the intention.

I was talking with a lawyer today, and the subject of penitence came up. It jumped out of my mouth before I really thought it through, but it seems reasonable in retrospect; what I said was that "a lot of people don't understand that repentance and forgiveness are two sides of the same coin. Repentance that isn't accepted and forgiven turns into bitterness, and forgiveness extended to the unrepentant does the same."

If he wants forgiveness, let him repent, publicly, of his offense, and let him tell his father to STFU. His victim can decide if and when she wishes to extend forgiveness -- FWIW, I hope she does insofar as she can, for her own peace of mind.

Yes, two lives were fucked up by his criminal, and inhumane, decision. If she doesn't forgive him, I've got not problem with him being bitter the rest of his life. When you buy the boat, you get the leaks.
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
07-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Adrian...put yourself here...how would you feel about this if the victim was your mother or your sister or your fiancé?

The guy is human...a human animal who hasn't learned right from wrong and at this late date may never learn.

It seems you are willing to give this guy a pass. That says a lot about you...you are the same guy who thinks it's wrong to neuter a dog because it's not fair to them. You are way to hung up on the ability to satisfy sexual urges...though most of us know that rape isn't about sex...it's a violent assault that happens to involve sexual organs.

You are also hung up on the fact that your fiancé doesn't make as much money as you do, isn't as fiscally responsible as you are...makes me wonder what your real stance is on women in general.

I am disappointed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-06-2016, 05:21 PM
I think life in prison would be an appropriate punishment.

And if the court system cannot or will not imprison that S.O.B. for life, may the Earth be his prison.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
07-06-2016, 05:23 PM
If anyone is interested, this is a petition to remove the judge.

https://www.change.org/p/california-stat...ef=Default

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
07-06-2016, 05:27 PM
(07-06-2016 02:08 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I simply wish to express myself without being attacked. You can call that whatever you want.

Consider .... hmmmm .... Consider ..... pussy?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post