Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2016, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2016 06:08 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
(06-06-2016 10:24 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Okay I know I can be a smartass but now I can't sleep. Rape pisses me off and puts me into something of a restless "I wanna go hurt someone" mood.

You need to go hug a yak. That mood scares the shit outta Girly. Bechased

Note to self: When I'm POTUS make sure I appoint yakheader as Secretary of Defense. Appointing him as Attorney General would make me complicit in homicides. .... Actually I think head of my Secret Service detail would be best. Yes

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-06-2016, 06:08 PM
(07-06-2016 05:23 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  If anyone is interested, this is a petition to remove the judge.

https://www.change.org/p/california-stat...ef=Default

Angry Do I have to live in that county to sign said petition? I do live in California, and will sign if it will help. This getting off so lightly is a fucking travesty.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
07-06-2016, 06:30 PM
[Image: Dexter_Morgan.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
07-06-2016, 08:42 PM
(07-06-2016 12:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  The victim herself has spoken about this.

I am in awe. She has not lost her humanity, she hasn't become bitter, she's not even vengeful. Read it. It's worth it. For someone who has been through hell to be this together... wow.

Something fairly notable is that she herself does not wish ill on her attacker. She addresses the unfairness of the sentencing but with logic and common sense. This is an amazing woman.

The real loser in this *is* Brock what-is-face. She has come back from this ordeal stronger. He will be a small man all his life. A whiny, entitled shit who cannot accept responsibility for his actions. He might even live a good life, full of money and power, once he's out of jail... but... he'll never in a million years match the worth of this girl.

I was watching her attorney read off her texts on CNN this morning, and was struck by the power of the young lady's words. My heart goes out to her, that she had to suffer so, but all the same I look at her with a little awe, that she could absorb such a a brutal mess and still have her head on as straight as it is. I hope she can continue to process this in as level-headed a manner as she's shown thus far.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
07-06-2016, 08:43 PM
(07-06-2016 12:16 PM)skyking Wrote:  I don't want the state to kill him. So that means we have to do something else and at the end of the day he will be back in society.

That depends on what prison he goes to ... rapists aren't regarded kindly there.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-06-2016, 09:11 PM
(07-06-2016 08:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 12:16 PM)skyking Wrote:  I don't want the state to kill him. So that means we have to do something else and at the end of the day he will be back in society.

That depends on what prison he goes to ... rapists aren't regarded kindly there.

Yeah they're protected though. A rapist will never end up in general population. The only exception I ever dealt with was a guy being charged with a gang related initiation rape who refused to sign the protective custody paperwork, which allowed us the option of throwing him into maximum security. To our surprise, not only was he not treated with disdain for being a rapist, he was greeted like some kind of victorious hero. And this was in good old Canada.

'Murican Canadian
07-06-2016, 09:14 PM
(07-06-2016 09:11 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 08:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That depends on what prison he goes to ... rapists aren't regarded kindly there.

Yeah they're protected though. A rapist will never end up in general population. The only exception I ever dealt with was a guy being charged with a gang related initiation rape who refused to sign the protective custody paperwork, which allowed us the option of throwing him into maximum security. To our surprise, not only was he not treated with disdain for being a rapist, he was greeted like some kind of victorious hero. And this was in good old Canada.

Does that apply to American prisons? The ex-cons I've known, only a couple, talked as if there were rapists in GP. I don't know, I had the good sense to stay away from hellholes ... unless you count New Mexico.
07-06-2016, 09:22 PM
(07-06-2016 09:14 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 09:11 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Yeah they're protected though. A rapist will never end up in general population. The only exception I ever dealt with was a guy being charged with a gang related initiation rape who refused to sign the protective custody paperwork, which allowed us the option of throwing him into maximum security. To our surprise, not only was he not treated with disdain for being a rapist, he was greeted like some kind of victorious hero. And this was in good old Canada.

Does that apply to American prisons? The ex-cons I've known, only a couple, talked as if there were rapists in GP. I don't know, I had the good sense to stay away from hellholes ... unless you count New Mexico.

I assumed it was standard practice, but I could easily be wrong. I suppose if it's not a big enough facility with enough business to set aside an entire pod/wing of protective custody just for sex offenders, and there isn't enough room in segregation, they've got to put them somewhere. We would never do that for liability reasons. If we put someone we know is going to be targeted by other inmates (sex offender, child abuser, etc.) into general population, and they get hurt or killed, then we can be held criminally liable right alongside the attacker. The only exception, as mentioned above, is if the inmate refuses to sign themselves into protective custody. We can still choose to put them there, but we no longer have to since we have a paper trail showing that it was their choice not to go.

'Murican Canadian
07-06-2016, 09:23 PM
(07-06-2016 09:14 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 09:11 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Yeah they're protected though. A rapist will never end up in general population. The only exception I ever dealt with was a guy being charged with a gang related initiation rape who refused to sign the protective custody paperwork, which allowed us the option of throwing him into maximum security. To our surprise, not only was he not treated with disdain for being a rapist, he was greeted like some kind of victorious hero. And this was in good old Canada.

He'll probably end up in the county jail.

He should be off to San Quentin.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-06-2016, 09:27 PM
My only direct knowledge of how it works in the states is from guys in my Guard unit in Vermont who work in corrections as their civilian job. I never got into it until I got to Canada. The pay isn't worth it in the U.S. Not to me, anyway.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post