Father's Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2014, 08:41 PM
RE: Father's Day
Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to start bugging my dad about what he wants to do now. He's a humble sort, who doesn't ask for much. Love him deeply though. He's easy to buy for. Ammo, clay pigeons, a nice vodka, anything monkey related, black licorice candies, but I hate buying him the same stuff all the time no matter how much he says he enjoys it.

Maybe I'll spring for a round of golf if the weather allows, but then again, he seems to enjoy the game less as the years progress, and he doesn't get out for it as much as he used to Consider

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
18-05-2014, 08:43 PM
(18-05-2014 08:41 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to start bugging my dad about what he wants to do now. He's a humble sort, who doesn't ask for much. Love him deeply though. He's easy to buy for. Ammo, clay pigeons, a nice vodka, anything monkey related, black licorice candies, but I hate buying him the same stuff all the time no matter how much he says he enjoys it.

Maybe I'll spring for a round of golf if the weather allows, but then again, he seems to enjoy the game less as the years progress, and he doesn't get out for it as much as he used to Consider

Anything 'monkey related'? Blink

You can't just try to slip that one by.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
18-05-2014, 08:45 PM
(18-05-2014 08:37 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  What are we, girlfriends, now?

We're going to hunt down some fucking xtard apologists and light their sorry asses on fire.

What the fuck is it to you?

Please, speak only for yourself. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
18-05-2014, 08:45 PM
(18-05-2014 08:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 08:41 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to start bugging my dad about what he wants to do now. He's a humble sort, who doesn't ask for much. Love him deeply though. He's easy to buy for. Ammo, clay pigeons, a nice vodka, anything monkey related, black licorice candies, but I hate buying him the same stuff all the time no matter how much he says he enjoys it.

Anything 'monkey related'? Blink

Lol oh, you know, monkeys are funny and cute. He likes em Big Grin that sorta thing Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
18-05-2014, 08:48 PM
I am going to usurp mine like Cronos did with Ouranos.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
18-05-2014, 08:58 PM
(18-05-2014 08:45 PM)kim Wrote:  

We're going to hunt down some fucking xtard apologists and light their sorry asses on fire.

That should be the new forum rule #1.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
18-05-2014, 09:02 PM
(18-05-2014 08:48 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I am going to usurp mine like Cronos did with Ouranos.

Ah, but do you plan on eating your own children in a futile attempt to break the cycle?

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
18-05-2014, 09:02 PM
(18-05-2014 08:45 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 08:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Anything 'monkey related'? Blink

Lol oh, you know, monkeys are funny and cute. He likes em Big Grin that sorta thing Yes

When my dad was still alive I also got caught in the same gift every year thing. But, dad really liked home projects and woodworking so a Lowe's card or a Home Depot card was always used and appreciated. Now and then I found cool little things for him, not necessarily for an occasion but they helped me feel a little less guilty about the 'routine' gifts. One of the coolest was a wooden golf cart with bags of clubs and everything made from wood...it combined two of his favorite things...woodworking and golf...I considered that a score. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
18-05-2014, 09:03 PM
(18-05-2014 08:45 PM)kim Wrote:  

That's why I split his comment...guess I missed this. Undecided

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-05-2014, 09:13 PM
(18-05-2014 09:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 08:45 PM)kim Wrote:  Please, speak only for yourself. Drinking Beverage

That's why I split his comment...guess I missed this. Undecided

Yer good moms. Maybe a wee bit trigger happy, but it's understandable. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco