Fathers Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Fathers Day
Just wanted to wish all the TTA fathers a happy fathers day. Hope is was chruch-free and food-rich. My dad died several years ago but I had a wonderful father and only wish everyone could have had such a good dad in their lives, though I know many haven't had that honor. I think fathers are highly underrated and undervalued. I had to laugh when I found this fun quote on having children from Ray Romano

" Having children is like living in a frat house -- nobody sleeps, everything's broken, and there's a lot of throwing up.” It's oh so true.

Happy Fathers Day!! Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-06-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: Fathers Day
Right it is fathers day.

I consider my two birds sons, so can I be and adoptive father?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-06-2014, 08:48 PM
We've got a lot of great dads here on the forum. Happy Father's Day to all of you!!! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
15-06-2014, 09:03 PM
(15-06-2014 08:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Right it is fathers day.

Oh, alright. You can be the father to a couple of birds. What kind of birds are they? Are they the kind of birds that will outlive you so you have to mention them in your last will and testament.....those kind of birds?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-06-2014, 09:13 PM
(15-06-2014 09:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 08:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Right it is fathers day.

Oh, alright. You can be the father to a couple of birds. What kind of birds are they? Are they the kind of birds that will outlive you so you have to mention them in your last will and testament.....those kind of birds?

Sure.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
16-06-2014, 06:03 AM
(15-06-2014 07:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hope is was chruch-free and food-rich.

It was! One nice thing about summer is I don't have to go to church*. I made a big breakfast for everyone, my wife made tacos for lunch when I came back from working on the house, and my dad grilled enough burgers and brats for dinner to feed about 30 people (there were about ten at the house).

*The church nursery doesn't overlap with the service my wife likes most of the year, so I get to go along to keep an eye on the kids. At this point in my life, it's not something I'm actively fighting, and in a few years, the girls will be old enough that it won't matter.
16-06-2014, 06:35 AM
A belated Happy Fathers Day to all Dads on the forum!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles