Fatima Sun miracle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2017, 10:45 AM
RE: Fatima Sun miracle
(10-01-2017 10:16 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Ok I admit i was a little sarcastic but if true Satan is nothing more than a scapegoat. for example lets say i want to impress a girl. So I decide to hire a thief to rob her just so i can tackle the thief and give her back her wallet. I think the same can be said about the Satan thing. as a side note did you know Lucifer means light bringer i think.

Yes he was gods favourite angel by all accounts. Did you know that in World war 1 matches were called by the nickname Lucifer, I love Satan. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2017, 11:12 AM
Can any of you be so kind as to show me other cases of mass hysteria to the same scale if not greater than this one ill really appreciate it.Smile
10-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Woodstock NY. 1969... Right after the acid kicked in.....

Everybody forgot they were sloshing around in a cold, muddy field....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-01-2017, 11:18 AM
(10-01-2017 11:12 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Can any of you be so kind as to show me other cases of mass hysteria to the same scale if not greater than this one ill really appreciate it.Smile

Sure, it's actually quite amusing to read about this stuff and quite a learning experience about how large numbers of people can be very wrong about something they think they saw. It yields insight to group psychology and just how far people will take absurd things.

Mass Delusions and Hysterias: Highlights from the Past Millennium

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
10-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Here's an actual photo taken from the event in 1917. .

[Image: FatimaSun_13Oct1917.jpg]

Here are the folks staring at the damned sun at Fatima.

[Image: 7fd8a6ace03a41a2dd740efe903404a0.jpg]

"HEY THERE, you peasants! Don't do that! Don't stare at the sun like that. It makes the sun look like it's moving around in the sky."

Oh. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-01-2017, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2017 11:44 AM by sneroul the thinker.)
Very Fascinating very Fascinating perhaps I should be less credulous. umm i don't really see anything strange about the picture do you?
[+] 1 user Likes sneroul the thinker's post
10-01-2017, 12:16 PM
(10-01-2017 06:55 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  ... as a side note what do you think of incorruptable Saints?

For one thing, it's selective reporting. There are non-saints equally well preserved and there are saints who are not preserved at all. The preservation has to do with how they were buried. For example, certain soil compositions can preserve a body much like embalming.

For me, the more pressing question is why are people digging up bodies to find out whether they are preserved? It's very disrespectful. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
10-01-2017, 12:22 PM
By the way, the word for "one or two" or "not very many" is "few".

"Phew" is what you say when something stinks.
10-01-2017, 12:28 PM
(10-01-2017 12:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 06:55 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  ... as a side note what do you think of incorruptable Saints?

For one thing, it's selective reporting. There are non-saints equally well preserved and there are saints who are not preserved at all. The preservation has to do with how they were buried. For example, certain soil compositions can preserve a body much like embalming.

For me, the more pressing question is why are people digging up bodies to find out whether they are preserved? It's very disrespectful. Dodgy

This one of those creepy Catholic things, they put the bodies in a clear display and put them on display to the public. Gasp

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
10-01-2017, 12:34 PM
(10-01-2017 11:12 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Can any of you be so kind as to show me other cases of mass hysteria to the same scale if not greater than this one ill really appreciate it.Smile

Germany in thirties. Millions believed that failed painter with weird mustache will save the country.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.