Fatima Sun miracle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2017, 12:38 PM
RE: Fatima Sun miracle
(10-01-2017 12:28 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  This one of those creepy Catholic things, they put the bodies in a clear display and put them on display to the public. Gasp

Yeah, apparently gawd isn't doing a very good job of convincing people of his existence on his own. Omnipotence works in mysterious ways.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
10-01-2017, 12:43 PM
(10-01-2017 09:12 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  I am saying I believe in god but i think his evil.

Riddick is one of my all time favorite non-atheist characters. Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
10-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Thanks for debunking this for me i found an fascinating article on live science about it highly recommend you check it out and tell me what you make of it. I do wonder why you never hear these kind of things from other religions can you give an explanation for that please? one last thing people easy post the meme that nobody expects the inquisition,well sadly neither did the jews and muslims who suffered the most.
10-01-2017, 12:56 PM
(10-01-2017 12:46 PM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  I do wonder why you never hear these kind of things from other religions can you give an explanation for that please?

Have you tried looking? A few seconds on google turned up this one
http://www.process.org/discept/2012/07/1...-miracles/

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
10-01-2017, 03:32 PM
(10-01-2017 12:34 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 11:12 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Can any of you be so kind as to show me other cases of mass hysteria to the same scale if not greater than this one ill really appreciate it.Smile

Germany in thirties. Millions believed that failed painter with weird mustache will save the country.

I'll thank you not to refer to grandad in those terms Angry Tongue
10-01-2017, 03:35 PM
(10-01-2017 03:32 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 12:34 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Germany in thirties. Millions believed that failed painter with weird mustache will save the country.

I'll thank you not to refer to grandad in those terms Angry Tongue

He did not have children so he couldn't be a grandpa.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
10-01-2017, 03:40 PM
(10-01-2017 03:35 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 03:32 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I'll thank you not to refer to grandad in those terms Angry Tongue

He did not have children so he couldn't be a grandpa.
That's what he wanted you to thinkBig Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
10-01-2017, 04:36 PM
(10-01-2017 12:56 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  So how do you explain The fatima Sun miracle?,a supposed around 70000 people saw it some even 14 km away. although a priest that Questioned them did say I never heard of more contractionary reports, some also stated that they saw nothing. never the less the fact that it happened exactly the time it was said to happen is too convenient for my liking. It is one of the phew reasons I am a theist. Now I do want to get proved wrong sense my opinion on god is the same as Dawkins. Also Don't give me a half assed answer like (why doesn't he help starving kids) I know why he is evil.

The Fatima miracle can be approached instead of from the viewpoint of how can the thousands of eyewitnesses who say the sun reversed course, zig-zagged or “danced” in the sky be wrong to logically extrapolating what this would physically mean. Since science has shown that the earth revolves around the Sun, for the illusion that the Sun reversed course the Earth would have to have reversed its orbit.

What happens to the passengers of a car when you slam the brakes when traveling at 67 mph? Inertia http://www.classzone.com/vpg_ebooks/ml_s...age_47.pdf would send you flying through the windshield if you weren’t wearing a seatbelt.

We know the average distance of the Earth from the Sun is 93.5 million miles. This means that in 365.25 days the Earth travels 587.5 million miles, this works out to about 67 thousand miles per hour. Inertia would have probably sent everything on the surface into space, tectonic plates would have crumpled like paper and the oceans vaporized. The Earth would have ceased to exist as a planet.

What is more likely? Mass hallucination or that the planet reversed orbit and “zig-zagged”?

People see what they want to see.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
10-01-2017, 05:29 PM
From Inherit The Wind....

Quote:Drummond: I want those "amens" in the record. Now I recollect a story about Joshua -- Joshua making the sun stand still. As an expert, do you tell me that that's as right as the Jonah business? That's a pretty neat trick.

Brady: I do not question or scoff at the miracles of the Lord, as do ye of little faith.

Drummond: Have you ever pondered what would actually happen to the earth if the sun stood still?

Brady: You can testify to that if I get you on the stand.

Drummond: If, as they say, the sun stood still, they must have had some kind of an idea that the sun moved around the earth. You think that's the way of things? Or don't you believe that the earth moves around the sun?

Brady: I have faith in the Bible.

Drummond: You don't have much faith in the solar system.

Brady: The sun stopped.

Drummond: Good! Now, if what you say actually happened -- if Joshua stopped the sun in the sky -- the earth stopped spinning on its axis, continents toppled over one another, mountains flew into space, and the earth, shriveled to a cinder, crashed into the sun. Now, how come they missed that little tidbit of news?

Brady: They missed it because it didn't happened.

Drummond: But it had to happen. It must've happened, according to natural law. Or don't you believe in natural law, Mr. Brady? Would you ban Copernicus from the classroom along with Charles Darwin? Would you pass a law throwing out all scientific knowledge since Joshua? Revelations, period?!

Brady: Natural law was born in the mind of the heavenly Father. He can change it, cancel it, use it as He pleases. It constantly amazes me that you Apostles of Science, for all your supposed wisdom, fail to grasp this simple fact.

Somehow the bottom line is always "magic".

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
10-01-2017, 05:57 PM
I'm headed to Portugal in May, and there was a time when I would have considered going to Fatima. Not anymore.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user