Fatphobia?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2014, 06:59 AM
RE: Fatphobia?
Some of the container veggies from last year. We even grew corn successfully!

[Image: 6a1feb10c827057a4065cdb53e4588e1.jpg]

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
22-01-2014, 07:02 AM
Quote:We even grew corn successfully!

*facepalm*

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
22-01-2014, 07:07 AM
(22-01-2014 07:02 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:We even grew corn successfully!

*facepalm*

Why Muffs?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
22-01-2014, 07:08 AM
(22-01-2014 07:07 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 07:02 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  *facepalm*

Why Muffs?

I don't get it either.

22-01-2014, 09:25 AM
(22-01-2014 06:52 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 06:46 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I have a black thumb. Every plant I tried to have I kill. I love Thai basil....yeah, that plant lasted a week.

I have an apple tree in my backyard, but I dond have to do anything to that, so it lives. :-)

Funny how organic apples look so gross and ugly. They have brown spots all over them and are horribly misshapen. But once I got past that, they are fine to eat, rather delish!

I wish I had the enegy, or talent for a vegetable garden...hard to keep the rabbits and deer out of it though.

Quick rule of thumb with almost all herbs - the more you ignore them, neglect them the stronger they grow. Plant em, give em a drink, make sure they have sunlight at least 1/2 a day and ignore them. With most herbs it's all about sunshine. Most are basically weeds.
Thumbsup

I guess that would explain it. I drowned the thing. The week time frame was an exaggeration...I had it for a few months.The plant only grew these tiny little leaves, not those huge ones I am used to seeing whenever I got to a vietnamese place for Pho soup. So I thought maybe some miracle grow would help. It was miracle death.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
22-01-2014, 04:10 PM
(22-01-2014 07:08 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 07:07 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Why Muffs?

I don't get it either.

I'm not sure if you're aware or not, but there appears to be a huge fucking field full of corn in your backyard...
Just thought I'd bring that to your attention so you can save yourself a pot.

22-01-2014, 04:45 PM
That's canola muffs. But nice try. Lmao

22-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Canola, huh, that's interesting.
It really looks like corn. In the picture at least.

meh.

06-02-2014, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 11:37 PM by Moodie.)
(15-01-2014 08:38 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Is it real or are the residents of chubby town just bitching?

Yer it's real ... although notso much a phobia as a scapegoat?

In UK, we have vested interests on both sides making money outta fatty-hating. On the one hand, Coca Cola lectures doctors on nutrition/sugar levels - and on the other hand, the 'slimming industry' sponsors research into the 'obesity epidemic' so how can we be sure if any of the anti-fat stats n claims are true and not just another way of exploitation for profit?

A healthy fat fit person v. an unhealthy unfit thin person - who gets to live better/longer?

If what I've read is true, only a few percentage of people lose weight and keep it off - and yoyo dieting is worse for your health than losing the weight once.

I can understand there might be a point where obesity becomes a major health hazard but aren't we prejudiced to think skinny is better than curvy, judging by the majority of 'romantic leads' in Hollywood/TV/ advertisements - although it is getting a leeetle bit better - at least a big bum [butt] is allowed occasionally - almost compulsory in music videos ....

Easier to hate fatties than encourage respect, healthy eating and fitness by making it attractive to *all* shapes n sizes? What about extra tax on high levels of sugar and salt in foods and taking steps to ensure fat people get their fair share of employment/representation/nice clothes/ everything?

Also - what's so different to a heroin/ cocaine habit in which skinny models and ballet dancers indulge because of anti-fat prejudice [as well as cos they like it] as compared to 'drowning your sorrows' in food? And who wants to be laughed at in a gym/ doing sport? It *is* getting better - there's even a website for fit fatties - http://fitfatties.ning.com/

Interesting that the poorer you are, the more likely you are to be fat btw.

Aint we all equal in worth in Godless eyes?

Moodie x
PS BMI standards are as true as the Gospels - via http://kateharding.net/bmi-illustrated - http://www.preventdisease.com/news/artic..._bmi.shtml and http://www.flickr.com/photos/77367764@N0...199008819/
06-02-2014, 11:36 PM
(22-01-2014 04:45 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  That's canola muffs. But nice try. Lmao

Have you tried growing canola in pots? It might be easier than harvesting that field.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.