Fatphobia?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: Fatphobia?
(20-01-2014 01:14 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  WHERE IS HUGHSIE IN THIS THREAD WHEN I NEED HIM TO BE HERE

THIS SHOULD BE A SPIRITUAL THING FOR HIM

I dunno, I posted one of his hottest pics in here.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2014, 01:20 PM
(20-01-2014 01:16 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 01:14 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  WHERE IS HUGHSIE IN THIS THREAD WHEN I NEED HIM TO BE HERE

I dunno, I posted one of his hottest pics in here.

HE IS MISSING OUT ON AN EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO RELIEVE HIS HIGH LEVELS OF TESTOSTERONE
20-01-2014, 04:45 PM

I love you Ferdy. But sometimes I struggle to remember why. Consider

Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
20-01-2014, 05:09 PM
(20-01-2014 12:56 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Read an article a couple weeks ago. I didn't think scientists were actually undecided on this before, but apparently now they are sure that there is "no such thing as overweight and healthy."

I dont fear fat people. I dont fear becoming fat. I dislike being stinky or without a shower, and that tends to happen more rapidly to those with more skin folds. I also dont really enjoy the feeling of people encroaching on my space, which seems more apparent with fat people. Of course, exceptions exceptions. My best friend is 300lbs, doesn't stink, and can sit right next to me without affecting my comfort.

I hate when people say you can't be over weight and healthy. According to my doctor I am overweight. I eat lean meats that I buy from a local butcher and fresh fruits and veggies that I get mostly for free from my grandma's garden. I almost never drink pop and I only drink juice that I make myself with fruits veggies and a juicer. My resting heart rate is 50-55 bmp. My blood pressure is almost always 112/65 though it drops occasionally. I've got great LDL and HDL cholesterol, and I run 5 miles a day (well when it's not freezing). Scientists be damned, I am healthy.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
20-01-2014, 06:01 PM
(20-01-2014 05:09 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 12:56 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Read an article a couple weeks ago. I didn't think scientists were actually undecided on this before, but apparently now they are sure that there is "no such thing as overweight and healthy."

I dont fear fat people. I dont fear becoming fat. I dislike being stinky or without a shower, and that tends to happen more rapidly to those with more skin folds. I also dont really enjoy the feeling of people encroaching on my space, which seems more apparent with fat people. Of course, exceptions exceptions. My best friend is 300lbs, doesn't stink, and can sit right next to me without affecting my comfort.

I hate when people say you can't be over weight and healthy. According to my doctor I am overweight. I eat lean meats that I buy from a local butcher and fresh fruits and veggies that I get mostly for free from my grandma's garden. I almost never drink pop and I only drink juice that I make myself with fruits veggies and a juicer. My resting heart rate is 50-55 bmp. My blood pressure is almost always 112/65 though it drops occasionally. I've got great LDL and HDL cholesterol, and I run 5 miles a day (well when it's not freezing). Scientists be damned, I am healthy.

Yeah, probably... On a BMI chart I'm technically overweight too, but those charts don't account for muscle mass. Still, heres one of the articles:

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/03...y-obesity/

It seems to show that people who are overweight and metabolically healthy are still more likely to suffer health problems than those at lower weights. It doesn't seem to account for physical activity though.

That being said, physically fit and metabolically healthy people who are overweight will still suffer from more health problems than someone who is physically fit and metabolically healthy at a lower weight. (largely impact related joint problems, but not limited to that)
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
20-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Does anyone else have a crazy metabolism like me where if you miss a day of eating you drop like 5 pounds?? Cause we take some shit ourselves - we skinny people. We tend to get hated on for NOT battling weight. Any other thin people out there tired of being hated for being thin?

*ducks*

(yes I actually AM grateful for my high metabolism.)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
20-01-2014, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2014 06:23 PM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
(20-01-2014 06:05 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Does anyone else have a crazy metabolism like me where if you miss a day of eating you drop like 5 pounds?? Cause we take some shit ourselves - we skinny people. We tend to get hated on for NOT battling weight. Any other thin people out there tired of being hated for being thin?

*ducks*

(yes I actually AM grateful for my high metabolism.)

Well, it is also shown that the longer you stay at a certain weight, the more easily your body will return to it. So people who are overweight for a short time can more easily keep the weight off, while those who have been heavy for years will have a more difficult time.

I used to weigh 140-145. I could eat a lot or a little and not change much. I had to force myself to eat 8 full sized meals a day plus snacks between to gain weight when I was bodybuilding. Since I reached 225 in less than 2 years, and stayed there for only about a year, I guess my natural weight shifted, but not all the way. I tried to maintain my monsterous diet, but as I ate less, the weight came off. I now hover around 170 - 175 with a relaxed diet. I'm never hungry though.

Some people have overactive thyroids. I hear this one girl here complain that she cant gain weight, and her skin always feels tight or something..

Then there are people like my dad. He's been 140lbs his whole life, and he eats like a machine. Turns out its not his metabolism, or not JUST his metabolism. He is just very inefficient and can't digest fats very well at all. If he cut carbs out, he would probably die, since they seem to be the only way he can gain any fat at all.

Oh, and then there's my mom. Underactive thyroid disorder, gains weight super easy. I don't know what the down side is (maybe lower energy output potential?) but I'd like to be able to eat less and not dissappear.
20-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Oh fuck healthy!

I'm growing more and more tired of equating morally good with healthy everywhere. I say fuck this health crazyness, I'm going to die, we all are going to die, if being a bit overweight or drinking my brains out on weekends will "steal" years from my life then fine... I don't want those years, Boredom can take them but I'll enjoy the few years I have as much as I can, and if that means I can't have a six pack, then fuck six packs!!
Excesses are never good, being overly healthy is not normal, I didn't hit the genetic jackpot so I rather be normal than force my body into doing things it's not programmed to do. I say fuck health as a measure of goodness and so should everyone

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
20-01-2014, 11:03 PM
(20-01-2014 10:54 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Oh fuck healthy!

I'm growing more and more tired of equating morally good with healthy everywhere. I say fuck this health crazyness, I'm going to die, we all are going to die, if being a bit overweight or drinking my brains out on weekends will "steal" years from my life then fine... I don't want those years, Boredom can take them but I'll enjoy the few years I have as much as I can, and if that means I can't have a six pack, then fuck six packs!!
Excesses are never good, being overly healthy is not normal, I didn't hit the genetic jackpot so I rather be normal than force my body into doing things it's not programmed to do. I say fuck health as a measure of goodness and so should everyone

Says the cow. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
21-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Well here in Canada, if you aren't at least trying to be healthy, you're only going to burden the healthcare system. Which ends up being detrimental to other people who are having health problems beyond their control. Its also tax payer money; so no obese, lazy, alcoholic smokers please...
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post