Faux News

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-09-2011, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 02:51 AM by mysticjbyrd.)
RE: Faux News
(19-09-2011 05:19 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You're still wasting space to make asinine comments. I have no problem with a thread that's sole job is to demolish the credibility of fox news because it's practically satire but making a thread just so you could chuck out some blank statement is such a waste.

I agree that fox news is a terrible news resource and I don't believe it should even legally be allowed to be called news but if I were to start a thread dedicated to may dislike of said news station I might feel it necessary to make my first post more full and informative.

The forum title basically does the work for me. Really, what more is there to say other than it disgust me?

(19-09-2011 11:24 PM)17thknight Wrote:  
(19-09-2011 05:19 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You're still wasting space to make asinine comments. I have no problem with a thread that's sole job is to demolish the credibility of fox news because it's practically satire but making a thread just so you could chuck out some blank statement is such a waste.

I agree that fox news is a terrible news resource and I don't believe it should even legally be allowed to be called news but if I were to start a thread dedicated to may dislike of said news station I might feel it necessary to make my first post more full and informative.

You could make the exact same remakrs towards MSNBC. This whole thread is stupid bullcrap and it's immature in the extreme to make entire threads about this nonsense for the sole purpose of saying "faux news" as many times as possible and thinking such a moronic little 3rd-grade method of debate makes you either edgy or an acerbic wit.

You may as well have named this thread "Ad Hominem" and finished there.

Haha I knew you were a Faux news supporter.
And the old demanding equality fallacy, that is practically a trademark of Faux news.

Comparing the bias in Faux news to other news organizations is like comparing an ice cube to a lake.

I just saw this while watching Nonstampcollector vid on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/foxnews?utm_sourc...term=Watch

You dont even need to watch any of the videos, the banner pretty much says it all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2011, 07:51 AM
All news can be biased to some degree.......even independent news.......its better to try and research things for yourself from as many sources as poss.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
22-09-2011, 12:14 PM
(22-09-2011 07:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  All news can be biased to some degree.......even independent news.......its better to try and research things for yourself from as many sources as poss.
"to a degree" is the key phrase in that statement.

Why should we have to be that diligent? Isn't that asking too much, especially of the general public?

Why should they even legally be allowed to call themselves a News Organization? That would solve 10x more problems than just telling the already busy general public to be more diligent and research anything and everything on the news.
22-09-2011, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2011 01:21 PM by 17thknight.)
(22-09-2011 07:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  All news can be biased to some degree.......even independent news.......its better to try and research things for yourself from as many sources as poss.

All news is biased, by its very nature. From the page an editor decides to place a story on, to the type of print they use for the title, to the name of the news story, to the people interviewed, every single layer is based on bias.
(22-09-2011 12:14 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Why should they even legally be allowed to call themselves a News Organization? That would solve 10x more problems than just telling the already busy general public to be more diligent and research anything and everything on the news.

ALL news is biased. Not just Fox, or CNN, or MSNBC. All of it. That your incapable of admitting to this simple truth and focus solely on Fox speaks volumes about you, but little to nothing about the bias in news.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes 17thknight's post
22-09-2011, 01:51 PM
To all

If this tread irritates any of you...
Stop fucking posting in it!

Nothing requires you to try and win a discussion.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
22-09-2011, 02:00 PM
(22-09-2011 01:51 PM)The_observer Wrote:  To all

If this tread irritates any of you...
Stop fucking posting in it!

Nothing requires you to try and win a discussion.

The thread should have a purpose more than name-calling, which is the sole reason it was created. Just look at the OP.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
23-09-2011, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2011 05:22 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(22-09-2011 01:18 PM)17thknight Wrote:  

All news is biased, by its very nature. From the page an editor decides to place a story on, to the type of print they use for the title, to the name of the news story, to the people interviewed, every single layer is based on bias.
(22-09-2011 12:14 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Why should they even legally be allowed to call themselves a News Organization? That would solve 10x more problems than just telling the already busy general public to be more diligent and research anything and everything on the news.

ALL news is biased. Not just Fox, or CNN, or MSNBC. All of it. That your incapable of admitting to this simple truth and focus solely on Fox speaks volumes about you, but little to nothing about the bias in news.

The joke equality fallacy again...really?!
Ohh wait...now we are spouting lies as well....Good old Straw man fallacy now. I never said other news organizations are not biased, quite the opposite actually.
Humans are bias by nature.

Quote:The thread should have a purpose more than name-calling, which is the sole reason it was created. Just look at the OP.
And now more ad hominem....lol.

I think you are running out of fallacies.

17thknight Wrote:RE: A sad skeptic
People who are this easily misled by obvious logical fallacy and lack of real evidence tend to simply be stupid. Don't bother with him.
IRONY!
23-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Okay, I get it, this thread is dumb. What I don't get is, why the hell are people defending fox news? That place truly is a shithole of lies, filth, and fear mongering.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes NotSoVacuous's post