Fav Xmas Movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2012, 01:31 PM
RE: Fav Xmas Movies
My favorite all-time Christmas movie is Die Hard, followed closely by Lethal Weapon and then Die Hard 2. It's all down-hill from there.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Christmas Vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There can be no other correct answer.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
14-12-2012, 01:36 PM
I love Elf LJ!

Starks got great taste! I've watched it 2 times this year already Smile

I'm not sure if I've seen that version of the Christmas Carol Lucradis.. I"ll check that out too, already searching on google Tongue

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
14-12-2012, 01:42 PM
(14-12-2012 01:36 PM)k37713 Wrote:  Starks got great taste! I've watched it 2 times this year already Smile
We force ourselves to only watch it twice a year. Once on Halloween and once on Christmas. Me, my kid, and my brother. Plus, the last couple years my step-daughter has joined us! Took a couple years to indoctrinate her, but now she is thoroughly brainwashed into believing that A Nightmare Before Christmas is a cinematic masterpiece. Wink

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
14-12-2012, 02:10 PM
(14-12-2012 01:42 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 01:36 PM)k37713 Wrote:  Starks got great taste! I've watched it 2 times this year already Smile

We force ourselves to only watch it twice a year. Once on Halloween and once on Christmas. Me, my kid, and my brother. Plus, the last couple years my step-daughter has joined us! Took a couple years to indoctrinate her, but now she is thoroughly brainwashed into believing that A Nightmare Before Christmas is a cinematic masterpiece. Wink

What's this.. What's this?! You mean to say that it isn't a cinematic masterpiece?? .. Big Grin

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
15-12-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm suprised that "It is a wonderful life" hasn't been mentioned yet I thought it would be right up there at the top, I guess if it didn't suggest that guardian angels exist and effect the real world in some material sense it would be higher up on people's favourites lists.

Oh okay I'll admit it, A film that proposes the existance of guardian angels does bug me a bit now, but there was a day and age when it didn't.
15-12-2012, 07:49 PM
It's a Wonderful Life is pretty good. I prefer the first half where it's just this guys hard luck life story where he falls in love. The rest is good too but could easily not be attached to the rest of the movie. As for Stewart movies I prefer Rear Window.

Me and the wife are going to watch National Lampoons tonight. Also a great Christmas movie, and quite honestly one of Chevy Chases finer moments. As a side note to this movie, I've watched it with the commentary on because I like commentary, and it had most of the og cast and the director involved. Pretty much everyone but Chevy. Not that he can probably even remember being on set back then, he was always so high on coke in those days. But the part that threw me off was listening to the now quite elderly Beverly D'Angelo ramble on. I used to think she was pretty hot, so hearing her sound so old was sort of alarming.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Fav Xmas Movies
(15-12-2012 07:49 PM)lucradis Wrote:  It's a Wonderful Life is pretty good. I prefer the first half where it's just this guys hard luck life story where he falls in love. The rest is good too but could easily not be attached to the rest of the movie. As for Stewart movies I prefer Rear Window.

Me and the wife are going to watch National Lampoons tonight. Also a great Christmas movie, and quite honestly one of Chevy Chases finer moments. As a side note to this movie, I've watched it with the commentary on because I like commentary, and it had most of the og cast and the director involved. Pretty much everyone but Chevy. Not that he can probably even remember being on set back then, he was always so high on coke in those days. But the part that threw me off was listening to the now quite elderly Beverly D'Angelo ramble on. I used to think she was pretty hot, so hearing her sound so old was sort of alarming.

Christmas Vacation is the best of the Vacation movies and only second to A Christmas Story as best holiday movie.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
15-12-2012, 09:07 PM
It is by far the best of the vacation movies which for the most part were only passably watchable and have since been downvoted all the way to the don't watch under any circumstances category. I think I agree that it comes second as well. Though I really like A Christmas Carol with Mr. Sim, in reality Vacation is infinitely more watchable.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2012, 09:11 AM
I just lost a little respect for lucradis for trying to put the vacation movies in the "don't watch under any circumstances" category.

A) "The shitter's full." Come one man, that is fucking hilarious.

B) Beverly D'Angelo's tits in the original Vacation.

C) Chevy Chase in his prime is one funny mofo. Not everything he made was gold but Vacation and Christmas Vacation are most certainly that.

On to another topic, I have become so burnt out on A Christmas Story that I loathe watching it every year (my wife puts it on for background noise for the whold day), but I still feel the need to watch it at least once. It is a good movie, but TNT and their fucking 24 hour marathon of it will drive you insane.

Evolve

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Religion movies surplus? Shadow Fox 0 43 28-07-2014 09:00 PM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  So Bad it's Good Movies BrokenQuill92 5 305 22-07-2014 08:57 PM
Last Post: WeAreTheCosmos
  Things that drive me nuts in movies Raptor Jesus 90 1,382 10-05-2014 07:30 PM
Last Post: TheMrBillShow
  Favourite lines from movies Eva 62 938 27-04-2014 02:57 PM
Last Post: ELK12695
  Top 10 Favorite Movies TheHappyAtheist15 34 2,850 18-04-2014 09:23 PM
Last Post: Chas
  Creepiest character in movies or TV ELK12695 24 1,772 01-04-2014 03:34 AM
Last Post: Eva
  Movies that you will never, ever watch Tartarus Sauce 54 1,013 24-02-2014 05:26 AM
Last Post: Juv