Favorite Animated Movie and Why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2013, 12:46 AM
RE: Favorite Animated Movie and Why?
(07-08-2013 12:44 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 12:39 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Maybe it's a sight thing but I thought the whole was over- rated. Were the visuals pretty or something?

There's a sequence in the first twenty minutes or so that goes through his meeting, relationship, and the death of his love Ellie that is pretty heart wrenching. It sets the importance of his focus on the mission to get to the falls, but the way they do it is pretty sad. The visuals weren't pretty, per se, but poignant.

Oh ok I've given up on a lot of tv and movies
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2013, 12:48 AM
(07-08-2013 12:45 AM)nach_in Wrote:  so they could show 2 girls one cup

Well, I don't know that I'd go that far. The rest of the movie was still fun. You sick fuck. Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2013, 12:49 AM
(07-08-2013 12:46 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 12:44 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  There's a sequence in the first twenty minutes or so that goes through his meeting, relationship, and the death of his love Ellie that is pretty heart wrenching. It sets the importance of his focus on the mission to get to the falls, but the way they do it is pretty sad. The visuals weren't pretty, per se, but poignant.

Oh ok I've given up on a lot of tv and movies

you're not missing too much really, lately I only find interesting narratives in books. Maybe I'm just getting pretentious though Smartass

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
07-08-2013, 12:51 AM
(06-08-2013 11:26 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Wreck It Ralph

I mean just watch it. It's got a bunch of old school arcade games jam packed in a cute little movie about game glitches and evil fuckers. Big Grin

Yes Ferdinand! Wreck-It Ralph is amazing! Good call. Thumbsup

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-08-2013, 12:56 AM
(07-08-2013 12:45 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(07-08-2013 12:39 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Maybe it's a sight thing but I thought the whole was over- rated. Were the visuals pretty or something?

The first part is all narrated visually, it tells a really beautiful love story between the old man and the love of his life and their dreams together (going to Paradise Falls). Everything ends tragically and it's really sad, that leaves everybody very susceptible to anything.
The rest of the movie is not particularly great in terms of plot, it's really nice visually (bright colours and nice animations) but other than that it's kind of dull. The thing is, we are just too raw after the first 10 minutes of the movie so they could show 2 girls one cup after that and everybody would love it Tongue

So yeah, it's not a blind friendly style

As an artist I figured as much most people don't really like complex story they just want something shiny to look at which is why modern art is so popular now. So people can bullshit their way out of thinking. If there is no real art to examine then they can just pretend to be deep and hipstery with no emotional effort while spitting on real artists like me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2013, 12:57 AM
(07-08-2013 12:51 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-08-2013 11:26 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Wreck It Ralph

I mean just watch it. It's got a bunch of old school arcade games jam packed in a cute little movie about game glitches and evil fuckers. Big Grin

Yes Ferdinand! Wreck-It Ralph is amazing! Good call. Thumbsup

Wreck it Ralph was a pretty good romp. I'll agree.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
07-08-2013, 04:35 AM
Wreck-it-ralph,for the same reasons as ferdy and despicable me 2. Gotta love the minions

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
07-08-2013, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 09:58 AM by ELK12695.)
Favorite Animated Movies...

Robin Hood, Disney
'Cause Prince John
[Image: e21bc4d8c293385e452eb96bc3e9f008.png]

How to Train Your Dragon
'Cause Toothless
[Image: 7c338079bb21976199b8109026e2b0ad.png]

Spirted Away
'Cause Miyazaki is a god
[Image: f7d9b0ec43e33daff8bb1653eeb87b04.png]

Ponyo
'Cause if not, Ponyo's dad will look for me, he will find me, and he will kill me
[Image: ponyo.jpg]

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
07-08-2013, 07:40 AM
But those movies aren't drugtastic art movies at all! I am disappoint.

Planete Sauvage.

In the words of Fry from Futurama: It's like that drug trip I saw in that movie when I was on that drug trip.

Hell, the whole thing's on Youtube these days. S'only like an hour long. Warning: contains French.

Also just about the greatest soundtrack ever.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
07-08-2013, 08:50 AM
(07-08-2013 07:40 AM)cjlr Wrote:  But those movies aren't drugtastic art movies at all! I am disappoint.

Planete Sauvage.

In the words of Fry from Futurama: It's like that drug trip I saw in that movie when I was on that drug trip.

Hell, the whole thing's on Youtube these days. S'only like an hour long. Warning: contains French.

Also just about the greatest soundtrack ever.

I like movies that look like childrens movies but end up scaring the living shit of them instead:

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post