Favorite Animated Movie and Why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2013, 08:52 AM
RE: Favorite Animated Movie and Why?
Monsters Inc. 2 reasons: John Goodman and Billy Crystal

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
07-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Hell yeah bitches!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Hayao Miyazaki is getting a good run in this thread, but my favourite from his Filmography is Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. It is at once a violent film directed at children with a message of nonviolence, a princess story with a positive portrayal of girls and women, epic and grand, and the english version has some decent voice acting and actors (Patrick Stewart, Uma Thurman, etc).

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
07-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Incredibles for American.

Japanese has too many good ones, probably tie between Grave of the Fireflies and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, religion is answers that may never be questioned"
07-08-2013, 08:44 PM
That is a tough question. I can't think of any American stuff at the moment. As for Japan, Spirited Away is near the top of my list.
07-08-2013, 08:49 PM
I like the old Disney classics...before computer animation. Alice in Wonderland is probably my favorite, I like the original story and I like Disney's version.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
07-08-2013, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 09:32 PM by aurora.)
Like Elk, I really enjoyed How to train your Dragon. I also loved Brave, all the Shrek movies, all the Ice Age movies and Wall E was pretty good too!
07-08-2013, 09:26 PM
If watch this and have dry eyes at the end you are DEAD inside!

07-08-2013, 09:31 PM
In terms of american computer animation mine would be The Incredibles. It's a neatly told story with no nonsense good film making. Everything works, and the moral is slightly subversive (some people are better (at some things) than others, and that's ok... but will probably also cause the downfall of society... maybe). If you took the first 20 minutes of Up though as mentioned above and cut out the rest then there isn't much out there that is harder hitting than that, for a family man such as myself at least.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
07-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Emperor's New Groove and Aladdin are the first to pop into my head. I'm old.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post