Favorite Anti-Evolution argument?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Favorite Anti-Evolution argument?
I think my personal all time favorite was presented in "Evolution Vs. God"..

When Chuck Missler had a jar of peanut butter and said he knew evolution wasn't true because, no matter how many times he opened the jar of peanut butter, he would only ever find peanut butter...

what??

you just can't make this stuff up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RedJamaX's post
17-11-2015, 02:02 AM
RE: Favorite Anti-Evolution argument?
They're doing the experiment wrong.Facepalm You need to drain the earth's oceans and replace all that salt water with peanut butter. Then you need to "cook" it for a billion years.Drinking Beverage

Next you need to test each jar of peanut butter for life. But they don't do that. They eat it. They are eating the evidence.Facepalm That's no way to do science.

Also, the peanut butter experiment is about abiogenesis. Evolution is not about about abiogenesis. It's about speciation.

Sapere aude
[+] 4 users Like f stop's post
17-11-2015, 02:33 AM
(17-11-2015 02:02 AM)f stop Wrote:  Also, the peanut butter experiment is about abiogenesis. Evolution is not about about abiogenesis. It's about speciation.
Well, the last time I looked in my peanut butter jar, I swear I saw at least 5 distinct species of peanut butter in there.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
17-11-2015, 06:32 AM
(17-11-2015 02:33 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 02:02 AM)f stop Wrote:  Also, the peanut butter experiment is about abiogenesis. Evolution is not about about abiogenesis. It's about speciation.
Well, the last time I looked in my peanut butter jar, I swear I saw at least 5 distinct species of peanut butter in there.

Weird, my jar had fuzzy stuff growing in it. An entire fuzzy civilization in a jar.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
17-11-2015, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2015 06:57 AM by Chas.)
(17-11-2015 02:02 AM)f stop Wrote:  They're doing the experiment wrong.Facepalm You need to drain the earth's oceans and replace all that salt water with peanut butter. Then you need to "cook" it for a billion years.Drinking Beverage

Next you need to test each jar of peanut butter for life. But they don't do that. They eat it. They are eating the evidence.Facepalm That's no way to do science.

Also, the peanut butter experiment is about abiogenesis. Evolution is not about about abiogenesis. It's about speciation.

Well, yes and no. Consider

Darwin was primarily concerned about speciation, but he also pondered abiogenesis.

Darwin in a letter to J. D. Hooker Wrote:It is often said that all the conditions for the first production of a living organism are now present, which could ever have been present.— But if (& oh what a big if) we could conceive in some warm little pond with all sorts of ammonia & phosphoric salts,—light, heat, electricity &c present, that a protein compound was chemically formed, ready to undergo still more complex changes, at the present day such matter would be instantly devoured, or absorbed, which would not have been the case before living creatures were formed.

Modern evolutionary scientists (and philosophers) are also not silent on the subject, e.g. Dennett, Dawkins, Coyne, et al.

Chemical evolution is the same basic algorithm as biological evolution:
Imperfect replication is the driving force, and differential survival and reproductive success is the engine of selection.

Also, ponder the question "where is the line between non-life and life?"
Are viruses alive? Prions?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-11-2015, 12:51 PM
(17-11-2015 06:32 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 02:33 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Well, the last time I looked in my peanut butter jar, I swear I saw at least 5 distinct species of peanut butter in there.

Weird, my jar had fuzzy stuff growing in it. An entire fuzzy civilization in a jar.
Well, that would be evolution into a different kind, which is different to evolution into a different species (but same kind). Like when bacteria evolve into bacteria, fish into fish.

Your's would be macro evolution, but because you failed to record it happening, failed to observe the first peanut butter give birth to the first fuzzy stuff then you don't have proof that macro evolution is a thing!
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
19-11-2015, 01:26 PM
(17-11-2015 06:32 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 02:33 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Well, the last time I looked in my peanut butter jar, I swear I saw at least 5 distinct species of peanut butter in there.

skip to 4:06 for the funniest part

19-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Any good old argument that has to do with. "Look at the TREES" look at the beauty of nature nonsense types of proclamations are always the best. Those must of been created because I deem them beautiful! ..even though there is more things like flys, microbes, dirts, etc. that those people don't often deem to be great aesthetically pleasing things that are more prominent in the world.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
19-11-2015, 01:51 PM
"If we evolved from monkeys. Then why are there still monkeys."

If american's came from Europe. Why are there still Europeans?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
19-11-2015, 02:05 PM
(19-11-2015 01:51 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  "If we evolved from monkeys. Then why are there still monkeys."

If american's came from Europe. Why are there still Europeans?

There needs to be a thread dedicated to this.

If dogs came from wolves, why are there still wolves?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post