Favorite Anti-Evolution argument?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2016, 09:06 PM
RE: Favorite Anti-Evolution argument?
(19-11-2015 01:41 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Any good old argument that has to do with. "Look at the TREES" look at the beauty of nature nonsense types of proclamations are always the best. Those must of been created because I deem them beautiful! ..even though there is more things like flys, microbes, dirts, etc. that those people don't often deem to be great aesthetically pleasing things that are more prominent in the world.

The mosquitoes that spread malaria are extraordinarily lovely. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2016, 10:05 PM
(15-02-2016 09:02 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Whenever we go shopping (it's usually one other family member and me), we always laughingly comment that we'd like the INorganic bananas.

McDonalds comes close with their shakes. The bentonite content means that they have more in common with geology than biology. If somebody could whip up some non-carbon oils and emulsifiers we could probably make inorganic "food". High in fiber, low in calories!

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
16-02-2016, 07:21 AM
(15-02-2016 10:05 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(15-02-2016 09:02 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Whenever we go shopping (it's usually one other family member and me), we always laughingly comment that we'd like the INorganic bananas.

McDonalds comes close with their shakes. The bentonite content means that they have more in common with geology than biology. If somebody could whip up some non-carbon oils and emulsifiers we could probably make inorganic "food". High in fiber, low in calories!

One of my kids left a mcdonald's shake in the back of our van one summer. It was in there for like two or three weeks before I found it. (I had seen the cup, but thought it was empty.) Temperatures ranged in the 80's and 90's.

Not the slightest whiff of spoiled milk...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
16-02-2016, 10:34 AM
So back to the OP'ers peanut butter link. Um. Does this mean peanut butter is god? Should I be attending Sunday Peanut Butter Church and eating peanut butter on crackers or somethin?

I'm so confused now. Hobo

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-02-2016, 04:21 PM
There are no transitional fossils!

Then when shown transitional fossils - those aren't transitional fossils!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
16-02-2016, 04:36 PM
My favorite argument? Once I heard that evolution can't be true cause people don't have more fingers on their hands to better use computers. It was said by theology student so my shock was lessened.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
16-02-2016, 05:18 PM
(20-11-2015 10:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Humans bred cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, chinese cabbage, kale, kohlrabi, and turnips from the same plant.

Careful with this one. Offer that nugget to the wrong theist, they'll go on and on about faith and mustard seeds and how you just proved them right. Learn from my mistake. :-)
16-02-2016, 05:28 PM
I believe "in the beginning God..."
You believe "in the beginning dirt..."

Even though the god story has Adam being made out of dirt. Go figure. Undecided

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-02-2016, 05:38 PM
I remember some asshole over here going "Nah na nah nah boo boo, you can't say how a single cell organism evolved into multicellular organisms?"

Suck it. Bitch.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Well, people who think disproving evolution "disproves" atheism always annoy me.

Truth seeker.