Favorite Anti-Evolution argument?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2016, 07:18 PM
RE: Favorite Anti-Evolution argument?
(16-02-2016 05:18 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 10:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Humans bred cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, chinese cabbage, kale, kohlrabi, and turnips from the same plant.

Careful with this one. Offer that nugget to the wrong theist, they'll go on and on about faith and mustard seeds and how you just proved them right. Learn from my mistake. :-)

How? It is fact not open to interpretation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2016, 07:56 PM
(16-02-2016 07:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  How? It is fact not open to interpretation.

Well, for one, they'll claim that this is proof of intelligent design, not evolution.

It's stupid, yes, but then again, that's par for the course with creationists.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
16-02-2016, 07:58 PM
(16-02-2016 07:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 05:18 PM)I Am Wrote:  Careful with this one. Offer that nugget to the wrong theist, they'll go on and on about faith and mustard seeds and how you just proved them right. Learn from my mistake. :-)

How? It is fact not open to interpretation.

Yes, but the coincidence of those veggies being based on mustard, and their book mentioning mustard seed, is enough to inspire some to see God's hand in humanity's hard work.
20-02-2016, 08:24 AM
ok this might be a stupid question. are creationists implying that every animal that has always existed actually existed all at once a long time ago? or did god presto certain animals into being at different points in time?
20-02-2016, 08:32 AM
All "kinds" were created at the same time in their current forms 6-10 thousand years ago via a magic spell.
20-02-2016, 09:13 AM
so the modern day giraffe was around during the same time as the trex? damn, they must have been badass to survive that shit.
20-02-2016, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2016 09:24 AM by Dark Wanderer.)
so what about the wooly mammoth? are they saying its a ''kind'' of elephant that developed its fuzziness and extreme change in size and shape? or that it was always wooly and somehow didnt overheat before it got cold? if its the former... then that sounds like evolution, so what are they disputing exactly? if its the latter then how did the non wooly kinds of elephants not freeze?
20-02-2016, 09:27 AM
[Image: tumblr_ltbmvi541n1qd7hayo1_500.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-02-2016, 09:48 AM
god damnit lizzy, whyd you have to tempt rex into eating that delicious apple? does this mean godzilla is the biblical god? theyre both created in his image so... that would also explain his anger issues.
29-02-2016, 05:12 PM
As a freshman in college I did a small project about Philip Henry Gosse and his theory that God instantly created the fossil record at the time of creation, which solves the "age of the Earth" problem. Apparently it wasn't even popular among theists because it makes God look like a devious bastard.

I was still a theist at the time, I think that was the beginning of the end for my religious beliefs.