Favorite Atheist Misconception?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2014, 08:50 AM
RE: Favorite Atheist Misconception?
"You just need a come-to-Jesus meeting."

<hurl>

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
14-06-2014, 02:07 PM
(26-02-2014 02:39 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  That Atheists only believe there is no god because they want to sin willy nilly and not be responsible for their actions.

Give me a break.

This is where I tell them "Um...growing up in a Catholic family, I was taught that you go to confession to be forgiven for your sins. So, no matter what I do I can be forgiven if I just go to some priest, tell him what I have done, and say however many "Hail Mary" and "Our Father" prayers he tells me. Even if I get arrested and thrown in jail for all the evil shit I do I can simply confess this to the invisible sky daddy and still go to heaven. Tell me again who feels they can do whatever bad things they want and be free of repercussions...?"

Also, when they say that not believing in a god is depressing, and we need our religious beliefs to do good, I say "You mean if we don't fear some sort of eternal punishment then we have no reason to do good deeds? That's a comforting thought, to know that people only do good and help others to cover their own ass for some afterlife. That's not depressing at all!"

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
14-06-2014, 02:18 PM
As mentioned up-thread, I'm always amused by the *no god = no morality* argument.
14-06-2014, 07:35 PM
(14-06-2014 02:18 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  As mentioned up-thread, I'm always amused by the *no god = no morality* argument.
Many theists really believe in this crap.Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
14-06-2014, 09:43 PM
(26-02-2014 11:29 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  Do you have any favorite misconceptions or quotes about atheism that make you face palm?

I think one of my favorites is "Atheism- Hating God and worshiping Satan" YUP. You nailed it.

I also get a kick out of "Atheists aren't really atheists. They know that God exists, so you can't take their arguments seriously anyway". How convenient. Oh, you disagree? Well even though you say you disagree, deep down I know you do agree Big Grin kthxbye

Just look at any post by Jermy Walker or that other fucking idiot childeye. Orr Trainwreck.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
14-06-2014, 10:34 PM
One benefit of the Jehovah's Witnesses is they flat refuse to speak to you if you leave their cult...

Fucking peace at last.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post