Favorite Beers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: Favorite Beers
(13-08-2015 07:58 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  My stepson enjoys Blue Moon and insists the orange slice makes a difference.

The orange slice is necessary.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
13-08-2015, 09:51 PM
I'm a beer snob. I'll admit it. But if I'm drinking domestic, I'll have a coors light (first choice) or a miller light (second) or a blue moon (other first choice - with a goddamn orange, dammit). I do like Dos Equis if I'm at a Mexican restaurant and I need something low on abc to drive home - and there better be a damn lime.
It will have to be a hot guy that I don't want to offend because he's been a gentleman enough to buy me a beer for me to even partially drink a Bud Light - and it will damn near ruin your chances with me to see you drinking one.
My ex drinks "only" Bud Light if he is having a beer - but we started dating before I knew I'd grown out of my allergy to brewer's yeast. I don't understand why people will willingly drink deer piss when there are much better options available, many times at a much more affordable price.

Good god at the porcelain prayer sessions that could have been avoided had I known I didn't have to play flip cup and beer pong with liquor Hobo

At the moment I'm drinking Blue Pants Brewery "Wheat with Peach" - a seasonal offering from my hometown. It's not the best, but beats the domestics any day. (Not all peaches come from Georgia - just good marketing.)

I've already had chianti on my you're fuck hot, I'm hot, social propriety mandates we not get naked, not quite date. Still deciding if I'm gonna have a nut brown ale from Blackstone Brewery. I'm well above the legal limit. Autocorrect is certainly my friend. Listening to some KICK ASS music, though. I love my city. So fucking much.

Sometimes I wish we all still lived in caves.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
13-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Ahhh - drunkie didn't include her favorite beer!!!

Ok. I really enjoy Cave City Lager by Old Black Bear Brewery Company. It's a dark ale with lots of malt, light on the hops, smooth, and lacks that nasty bitter aftertaste so many craft breweries have trouble with...which is why I hATE IPAs.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-08-2015, 10:01 PM
@Nurse: Your last paragraph sums up the feeling of any good time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
13-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Beamish Irish Stout. Mmmm, good.

[Image: th?id=JN.8N79paC5u7zd4muC0v8jFQ&...;amp;h=300]

Also like Abita Purple Haze. Good brewery out of Baton Rouge.

[Image: abita8.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
13-08-2015, 10:13 PM
(13-08-2015 10:04 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Beamish Irish Stout. Mmmm, good.

[Image: th?id=JN.8N79paC5u7zd4muC0v8jFQ&...;amp;h=300]

Also like Abita Purple Haze. Good brewery out of Baton Rouge.

[Image: abita8.jpg]

I like Abita's Strawberry Ale and Amber. Definitely in the top ten of my faves.

Their Mardi Gras Bock is fun, too.

[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
13-08-2015, 10:16 PM
(13-08-2015 10:01 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  @Nurse: Your last paragraph sums up the feeling of any good time!

Thanks! Unfortunately he has a traditional workweek. Or I would (hopefully...quite likely) not be posting. Unfortunately luck has it that next week Mother Nature in the form of aunt flow may strike. That bitch.

13-08-2015, 10:21 PM
(13-08-2015 10:13 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I like Abita's Strawberry Ale and Amber. Definitely in the top ten of my faves.

Their Mardi Gras Bock is fun, too.

Come to think of it, I do prefer their Strawberry Ale to the raspberry Purple Haze... but PH is their most famous along that line, and it is very good, so it's the first that came to mind. I haven't tried the Bock. Maybe next time I head south.

I'm also a huge fan of their rootbeer... but my Beloved thinks the cane sugar is too overpowering.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
13-08-2015, 10:25 PM
(13-08-2015 10:16 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 10:01 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  @Nurse: Your last paragraph sums up the feeling of any good time!

Thanks! Unfortunately he has a traditional workweek. Or I would (hopefully...quite likely) not be posting. Unfortunately luck has it that next week Mother Nature in the form of aunt flow may strike. That bitch.
Relatives always seem to come to town when they're least invited.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2015, 03:22 AM
My personal favourite for regular consumption is Sleeman Cream ale. Its notoriously good. Smile

Of course being a traditional Catholic I have to recommend the trapist beers. Chimay tends to be our standard but I had another that I thought was better but can't remember its name. But all the trappist beers are good. Amazing the focus you get when you're not allowed to talk about anything, except of course the beer making.

The best beer I remember having was Gryphon red in Montreal. I believe it was a local quebec beer.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc