Favorite Beers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2015, 08:55 AM
RE: Favorite Beers
(14-08-2015 08:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Microbrew - Bells Kalamazoo Stout

I went to Bells a few months ago, had never even heard of it until a work associate and I had to go to Kalamazoo. Their Stouts are some of the best I've ever had.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2015, 09:41 AM
mine is Bintang Radler! Thumbsup

a unique twist of beer and natural juice lemon that taste so good in my taste bud and instantly in love with it!

[Image: 10949075_1626013190947676_237650593_n-300x300.jpg]
14-08-2015, 09:42 AM
(14-08-2015 08:55 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 08:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Microbrew - Bells Kalamazoo Stout

I went to Bells a few months ago, had never even heard of it until a work associate and I had to go to Kalamazoo. Their Stouts are some of the best I've ever had.

I have the luck of being born in Kalamazoo.... So, when the brewery opened up - we heard about it right away.... Back in the 80's you could buy a "cube" of Bell's Amber - (it was a plain cardboard box, with a plastic bladder inside - like todays "box of wine --- it contained about 3 gallons -- for about 8 bucks.....

A riding bro of mine and I were on our Nortons - cruising about - with an open cube of Bells on the back of my buddy's bike-- we'd drank about half of it -- when we got pulled over.

The cop obviously hadn't been to Bells -- he had no idea we were hammered and running around with a bigassed open container right out in the open....

"Don't try this at home"...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-08-2015, 09:48 AM
(14-08-2015 09:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 08:55 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I went to Bells a few months ago, had never even heard of it until a work associate and I had to go to Kalamazoo. Their Stouts are some of the best I've ever had.

I have the luck of being born in Kalamazoo.... So, when the brewery opened up - we heard about it right away.... Back in the 80's you could buy a "cube" of Bell's Amber - (it was a plain cardboard box, with a plastic bladder inside - like todays "box of wine --- it contained about 3 gallons -- for about 8 bucks.....

A riding bro of mine and I were on our Nortons - cruising about - with an open cube of Bells on the back of my buddy's bike-- we'd drank about half of it -- when we got pulled over.

The cop obviously hadn't been to Bells -- he had no idea we were hammered and running around with a bigassed open container right out in the open....

Big Grin

Oh man, I want a cardboard box full of Bells Bourbon Stout. I live a few hours from it, and I'd gladly make that trip for 3 gallons of that stuff. You've only recently been able to buy any Bells in my area, and most of the good stuff isn't bottled.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
14-08-2015, 09:55 AM
(14-08-2015 09:48 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 09:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I have the luck of being born in Kalamazoo.... So, when the brewery opened up - we heard about it right away.... Back in the 80's you could buy a "cube" of Bell's Amber - (it was a plain cardboard box, with a plastic bladder inside - like todays "box of wine --- it contained about 3 gallons -- for about 8 bucks.....

Big Grin

Oh man, I want a cardboard box full of Bells Bourbon Stout. I live a few hours from it, and I'd gladly make that trip for 3 gallons of that stuff. You've only recently been able to buy any Bells in my area, and most of the good stuff isn't bottled.

I haven't seen the cubes in years. Of course, I quit going to the brewery when it became commonplace in stores around here. I guess I should ride down sometime and see if I can get a cube to honor Monk's (the bud from my story) memory... He's been gone over 20 years now.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-08-2015, 11:00 AM
(13-08-2015 09:51 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm a beer snob. I'll admit it. But if I'm drinking domestic, I'll have a coors light (first choice) or a miller light (second) or a blue moon (other first choice - with a goddamn orange, dammit). I do like Dos Equis if I'm at a Mexican restaurant and I need something low on abc to drive home - and there better be a damn lime.
It will have to be a hot guy that I don't want to offend because he's been a gentleman enough to buy me a beer for me to even partially drink a Bud Light - and it will damn near ruin your chances with me to see you drinking one.
My ex drinks "only" Bud Light if he is having a beer - but we started dating before I knew I'd grown out of my allergy to brewer's yeast. I don't understand why people will willingly drink deer piss when there are much better options available, many times at a much more affordable price.

Good god at the porcelain prayer sessions that could have been avoided had I known I didn't have to play flip cup and beer pong with liquor Hobo

At the moment I'm drinking Blue Pants Brewery "Wheat with Peach" - a seasonal offering from my hometown. It's not the best, but beats the domestics any day. (Not all peaches come from Georgia - just good marketing.)

I've already had chianti on my you're fuck hot, I'm hot, social propriety mandates we not get naked, not quite date. Still deciding if I'm gonna have a nut brown ale from Blackstone Brewery. I'm well above the legal limit. Autocorrect is certainly my friend. Listening to some KICK ASS music, though. I love my city. So fucking much.

Sometimes I wish we all still lived in caves.

I think we need to party.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
14-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I don't drink big domestics any more. When I do, it's local stuff.

My favorite summer beer is Fireman's #4 Blonde Ale, from the Real Ale Brewing Co out of Blanco, TX. It drinks like a lager, but is more flavorful. Gosh, it will cool you down, too.

Favorite winter brew is New Belgium's Portage porter, thick brown goodness in a bottle, chocolately-coffee overtones.
14-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Some of my favorites:
Truck Stop Honey (Back Forty Brewery)
Magic Hat #9
Fat Tire
Chimay Blue
Guinness

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
14-08-2015, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2015 12:32 PM by LostLegend.)
Lite beers are for booze heathens! Tongue

(14-08-2015 05:36 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  My two favorites are Leffe Brown and Chimay Red.

Really like Leffe, but it is sooo expensive over here Sad

Kronenbourg is my usual poison, but I am partial to...

[Image: post-312-1242853194.jpg] Laugh out load

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 1 user Likes LostLegend's post
14-08-2015, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2015 03:04 PM by Mr. Boston.)
I live in Boston, as the screen name implies. Close enough to Vermont that there's usually some of their really boutique micro-brew stuff floating around my social circle. The Alchemist's Heady Topper is alleged to be the best Double IPA on the planet. I've had it a dozen times. It is DAMN good, but I'm wary of calling ANYTHING the best on the planet - that's a bold claim since who can realistically claim to have had ALL the beers on the planet?

Anyway for really special occasions I love a good Firestone Walker Sucaba - it's a barrel-aged barley wine style ale. So incredibly complex and amazing.

For everyday drinking/refreshment I can always dig:

Troeg's Nugget Nectar
Left Hand Milk Stout
Founders All Day IPA
Jack's Abbey Smoke and Dagger
Narragansett Shandy (made with Del's lemonade - a Rhode Island classic)
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Guinness - it's the world's most ubiquitous stout for a reason
Ithaca Flower Power IPA
Rogue Dead Guy
Longtrail Double Bag
Anchor Steam
Cigar City Jai Alai IPA

I also brew my own beer, which I generally prefer over just about anything commercially produced, though unfortunately I haven't had as much time for it lately.