Favorite Beers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2015, 03:03 PM
RE: Favorite Beers
Sam Adams' Octoberfest is my absolute favorite.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
14-08-2015, 04:56 PM
(14-08-2015 03:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Sam Adams' Octoberfest is my absolute favorite.

My husband had one when we were out at dinner tonight! (I did martinis, they make me feel like James Bond)
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
14-08-2015, 10:47 PM
I'm a big fan of Canadian lagers, so for standard suds I gravitate towards Sleeman's Honey Brown and The Farmery Premium Lager and various other domestic lagers.

Other favourites include Oktoberfest (seasonal beer) and Stir Stick Stout (dark beer with coffee) from local brewery Half Pints, and La Fin du Monde (9% alcohol and a hint of cloves) and Trois Pistoles from Unibroue in Quebec.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-08-2015, 01:29 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of baltic porters in general. Specifically, I drink Parkway Bro's Raven's Roost, but I'm not sure how available it is outside of Virginia.
17-08-2015, 04:54 PM
Blondes..
17-08-2015, 06:45 PM
(14-08-2015 02:58 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I live in Boston, as the screen name implies. Close enough to Vermont that there's usually some of their really boutique micro-brew stuff floating around my social circle. The Alchemist's Heady Topper is alleged to be the best Double IPA on the planet. I've had it a dozen times. It is DAMN good, but I'm wary of calling ANYTHING the best on the planet - that's a bold claim since who can realistically claim to have had ALL the beers on the planet?

Anyway for really special occasions I love a good Firestone Walker Sucaba - it's a barrel-aged barley wine style ale. So incredibly complex and amazing.

For everyday drinking/refreshment I can always dig:

Troeg's Nugget Nectar
Left Hand Milk Stout
Founders All Day IPA
Jack's Abbey Smoke and Dagger
Narragansett Shandy (made with Del's lemonade - a Rhode Island classic)
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Guinness - it's the world's most ubiquitous stout for a reason
Ithaca Flower Power IPA
Rogue Dead Guy
Longtrail Double Bag
Anchor Steam
Cigar City Jai Alai IPA

I also brew my own beer, which I generally prefer over just about anything commercially produced, though unfortunately I haven't had as much time for it lately.

You sound like my brother from another mother, only 3000 miles away. I'm a huge fan of most anything Firestone Walker, Sucaba is my favorite of their Walker's Reserve series, it's my "hometown brewery", and I'm a total sucker for their DIPA Double Jack. Just tried Helldorado which was pretty similar to Sucaba too (although they call Blonde Barley Wine, still a pretty deep amber though) Unfortunately I haven't had Heady although I've heard good things. Still on the hunt for Pliny the Younger... some day... I live about 7 hours from the brewery and generally that stuff doesn't make it that far (although sometimes other big name breweries get their hands on a keg like Stone). Other great IPAs I've had so far are Pliny the Elder, Double Citra (Kern River Brewing, about an hour from where I live now), and Simtra (a delicious triple).

I'm also a huge fan of Belgians (like Piraat and Kwak) and strong pumpkin beers, kicked off by a love affair with Pumking. So fucking delicious. Hard to find others that remotely compare.

Anything expensive and sweet I'll drink. Drooling

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes MustangManda's post
17-08-2015, 07:03 PM
(17-08-2015 06:45 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  [...] it's my "hometown brewery" [...]

You're from Paso Robles?

I lived there for five years as a teen.

I've only had their DBA, it's a decent beer.
17-08-2015, 07:34 PM
I just had 6 Hobgoblins, 3 Bombardiers and 2 Sadler's Mud Citys

When I was 18 I couldn't even type after this much drink.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
17-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Stella Artois, Peroni, and Steam Whistle.

... And absolutely everything at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
18-08-2015, 12:29 PM
(17-08-2015 07:03 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 06:45 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  [...] it's my "hometown brewery" [...]

You're from Paso Robles?

I lived there for five years as a teen.

I've only had their DBA, it's a decent beer.

Sort of, lived about 45 minutes south (Arroyo Grande) from birth until 23 years of age and have family in Paso and AG. Went to Cal Poly SLO and Firestone DBA was the drink of choice when I came of drinking age, since then 805 (blonde ale) has become vastly more popular. Those 2 are pretty much my least favorite Firestone's, although I'm still happy to drink them.

Now I live about 3 hours east in the middle of the desert, surrounded by conservative Christians and terrible beer. No I visit the central coast at least one long weekend a month to get away.

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson