Favorite Christmas Songs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2014, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2014 08:07 PM by Shadow Fox.)
Favorite Christmas Songs
Since it is that time of year, most of us probably listen to some Christmas music for either the fun of it or just because it might be a part of some sort of Xmasy traditional ritual we put on once a year.

So, what are some of your favorite songs for this time of year?

My top 3

1. Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley
2. Ironically God rest ye merry gentlemen or any other like sounded rip off of the song....the melody is lovely, other than that I am not sure why I like it. Annie Lennox has a awesome verson of it that I rather like.
3. Carol of the Bells - that metal orchastra band that plays Christmas music and stuff.....yeah...those people.
4. Holly Jolly Christmas - Love the singer Burl Ives for this song. Makes me actually want to have a holly jolly Christmas and say hello to everyone.
5. Wonderful Christmas time

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2014, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2014 08:34 PM by Full Circle.)
RE: Favorite Christmas Songs
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer

is the first thing that came to mind BUT seriously

Baby it's Cold Outside is my favorite.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
17-12-2014, 08:35 PM

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
17-12-2014, 09:58 PM

It's not Christmas unless this song is playing in the background with a cup of wassail in my hand.

My family always sings Star of Bethlehem when we go caroling - the acapella version of this:

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
18-12-2014, 10:09 AM
I will second "Blue Christmas", whether Elvis is singing it or someone else (I have heard many good versions).

Other than that, I tend to prefer the religious songs, even though I'm not religious. Favorites are "Silent Night", "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear", and "O Little Town of Bethlehem" -- they all have beautiful melodies.

My favorite Christmas album/CD is "Blue Grass and White Snow" by Patty Loveless. I could listen to her sing "Silver Bells" all day, even though I don't especially like that song. Actually, I could listen to her sing just about anything all day.

Drooling

It's too bad Christmas music is so overplayed this time of year. By Christmas, I will be thoroughly sick of all of it.
18-12-2014, 12:57 PM
"Rusty Chevrolet" by Da Yoopers

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
18-12-2014, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 12:24 AM by kim.)
I have my favorite sentimental songs but I also have a thing for the novelty songs, as well.

I love Sarah Silverman ...

"Claus .... Consider ... is that German?"

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-12-2014, 05:32 PM
(18-12-2014 03:50 PM)kim Wrote:  I have my favorite sentimental songs but I also have a thing for the novelty songs, as well.

Claus .... Consider ... is that German?

According to Wikipedia, the evolution was St. Nicholas --> Sinterklaas (Dutch) --> Santa Claus. I believe Claus is a German or Dutch name, although it might be spelled differently over there.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
19-12-2014, 12:23 AM
(18-12-2014 05:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 03:50 PM)kim Wrote:  I have my favorite sentimental songs but I also have a thing for the novelty songs, as well.

Claus .... Consider ... is that German?

According to Wikipedia, the evolution was St. Nicholas --> Sinterklaas (Dutch) --> Santa Claus. I believe Claus is a German or Dutch name, although it might be spelled differently over there.

Sorry... I should have used quotations... didn't watch the video, huh? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-12-2014, 05:48 AM
In honor of Moms, to educate Full circle, and defecated.. I mean dedicated to Gordon:

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post