Favorite Christmas Songs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2014, 05:54 AM
RE: Favorite Christmas Songs

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2014, 10:12 AM
(19-12-2014 12:23 AM)kim Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 05:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  According to Wikipedia, the evolution was St. Nicholas --> Sinterklaas (Dutch) --> Santa Claus. I believe Claus is a German or Dutch name, although it might be spelled differently over there.

Sorry... I should have used quotations... didn't watch the video, huh? Shy

No, I can never watch those videos. I usually read the forum at work, and youtube is blocked. All I see is a black box. So if the main point was in the video, sorry, I missed it.

As a side point, I hate it when people post those videos without any title or anything. when I'm at work, I don't even know what song they're talking about!
Find all posts by this user
19-12-2014, 10:18 AM
(19-12-2014 10:12 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 12:23 AM)kim Wrote:  Sorry... I should have used quotations... didn't watch the video, huh? Shy

No, I can never watch those videos. I usually read the forum at work, and youtube is blocked. All I see is a black box. So if the main point was in the video, sorry, I missed it.

As a side point, I hate it when people post those videos without any title or anything. when I'm at work, I don't even know what song they're talking about!

First post was a video of Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song", second video "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem." Second post was the South Park "Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo" song. Moms has a pic of Mr Hanky in her sig, Full Circle didn't know who he was, and Gordon is all freaked out about atheist's obsession with poo. Hope that helps. I'll keep it in mind in the future when I post videos.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
19-12-2014, 12:32 PM
(19-12-2014 10:18 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 10:12 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  No, I can never watch those videos. I usually read the forum at work, and youtube is blocked. All I see is a black box. So if the main point was in the video, sorry, I missed it.

First post was a video of Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song", second video "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem." Second post was the South Park "Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo" song. Moms has a pic of Mr Hanky in her sig, Full Circle didn't know who he was, and Gordon is all freaked out about atheist's obsession with poo. Hope that helps. I'll keep it in mind in the future when I post videos.

I did recognize Mr. Hankey, although his song is nothing special. The other two songs are good ones! Patty Loveless does a good version of "O Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" on the CD I mentioned earlier, and just about everyone does "The Christmas Song" (many good versions). Thanks.
22-12-2014, 02:53 PM
(19-12-2014 10:12 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  As a side point, I hate it when people post those videos without any title or anything. when I'm at work, I don't even know what song they're talking about!

Ah right - the one I posted was Sarah Silverman - Give The Jew Girl Toys ... its cute. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-12-2014, 06:12 PM

[+] 1 user Likes Kris's post
23-12-2014, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 05:02 PM by TheGulegon.)
Shy

Angel

[Image: santa-smiley.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
23-12-2014, 05:35 PM
"I Believe in Father Christmas", Greg Lake.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
24-12-2014, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 08:12 AM by Metazoa Zeke.)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-12-2014, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 08:53 AM by ELK12695.)

Fuckin' Swedish people; but they can sing though... 4:14 is inhuman.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."