Favorite Comics

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-04-2012, 10:45 AM
RE: Favorite Comics
Isn't Bane in the next movie?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Yes, and I think they're taking a lot of cues from Knightfall. It looks like the plot is putting Batman and Bruce up against a lot of different stuff and then Bane shows up, kind of similar to how the comics go where Bane throws all the other villains at him first and then takes him out when he's weak. There's also a rumor that Ra's Al Ghul is coming back.
29-04-2012, 11:09 AM
(29-04-2012 10:51 AM)moosethumbs Wrote:  Yes, and I think they're taking a lot of cues from Knightfall. It looks like the plot is putting Batman and Bruce up against a lot of different stuff and then Bane shows up, kind of similar to how the comics go where Bane throws all the other villains at him first and then takes him out when he's weak. There's also a rumor that Ra's Al Ghul is coming back.
I just got a comic book chubby.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
30-04-2012, 10:05 PM
The newest trailer just dropped: http://youtu.be/g8evyE9TuYk It looks pretty freakin amazing.
30-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Oh My Gee!

[Image: RVa0e.gif]

But how can it be the conclusion? No movies with the Boy Wonder? Booooooooo.

~Izel
01-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Christopher Nolan is making his three movies a self-contained story. WB is already prepping a reboot, but I think they should just allow different directors to do their own standalone stories kind of like graphic novels. I don't think anyone needs to see the origin of Batman again, we can just have a movie like Long Halloween or Killing Joke and leave it at that. It would be interesting to see a Death in the Family->Tim Drake kind of story but I think that would require a few movies at least.
01-05-2012, 09:00 AM
(01-05-2012 07:35 AM)moosethumbs Wrote:  Christopher Nolan is making his three movies a self-contained story. WB is already prepping a reboot, but I think they should just allow different directors to do their own standalone stories kind of like graphic novels. I don't think anyone needs to see the origin of Batman again, we can just have a movie like Long Halloween or Killing Joke and leave it at that. It would be interesting to see a Death in the Family->Tim Drake kind of story but I think that would require a few movies at least.
I don't like the reboot idea, but then again, Superman Returns failed because they made it a sequel to the 1970s movies...and perhaps other reasons, like it was poorly written.

Then again on another note, I was disappointed that the new Spider-man flick is a reboot until I saw they are actually doing his origins correctly this time. Hopefully he'll have web-shooters instead of some silly spider web coming out of his wrists.

~Izel
01-05-2012, 09:06 AM
(01-05-2012 09:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hopefully he'll have web-shooters instead of some silly spider web coming out of his wrists.

He does have web-shooters in the new one... praise Jesus.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
01-05-2012, 09:17 AM
(01-05-2012 09:06 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 09:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hopefully he'll have web-shooters instead of some silly spider web coming out of his wrists.

He does have web-shooters in the new one... praise Jesus.
That helps lower my blood pressure. Big Grin

On a related note...Sunday night I just happened to watch the 1967 Animated version of Spidey's origins:

Enjoy the groovy music and style of this cat:
http://marvel.com/videos/watch/870/spide...episode_21

~Izel
02-05-2012, 10:55 AM
(01-05-2012 09:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 07:35 AM)moosethumbs Wrote:  Christopher Nolan is making his three movies a self-contained story. WB is already prepping a reboot, but I think they should just allow different directors to do their own standalone stories kind of like graphic novels. I don't think anyone needs to see the origin of Batman again, we can just have a movie like Long Halloween or Killing Joke and leave it at that. It would be interesting to see a Death in the Family->Tim Drake kind of story but I think that would require a few movies at least.
I don't like the reboot idea, but then again, Superman Returns failed because they made it a sequel to the 1970s movies...and perhaps other reasons, like it was poorly written.

Then again on another note, I was disappointed that the new Spider-man flick is a reboot until I saw they are actually doing his origins correctly this time. Hopefully he'll have web-shooters instead of some silly spider web coming out of his wrists.

The movie was following the formula of more recent Spiderman stories. The director also stated that they wanted to give Peter a more human element because creating the webshooter means that he has done what no scientist has done.

That's their justification. I'm a fan of the original web cartridges because actual webs should be coming out of another part of his body... like out the butt or under his tongue lol.

As for reboots, the main reason Marvel films are getting reboots is because Marvel used to just license their characters out for these movies. Now they are an actual studio that has full creative control over the films. These reboots are MUCH better in my opinion. I mean, X-Men 1 and 2 and Spiderman 1 and 2 were great, but the majority of the other Marvel films were trash.

Hulk, Punisher, Fan 4, Ghost Rider... all horrid. I did enjoy them because they were still movies about comic characters I grew up with.

This new Spiderman looks promising. I actually really liked Tobey as Spidey so there's big shoes to fill there. One thing is certain, I'm going to be REAL mad if they muck up my all-time favorite villain again... VENOM.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post