Favorite Comics

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-05-2012, 11:06 AM
RE: Favorite Comics
(02-05-2012 10:55 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 09:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I don't like the reboot idea, but then again, Superman Returns failed because they made it a sequel to the 1970s movies...and perhaps other reasons, like it was poorly written.

Then again on another note, I was disappointed that the new Spider-man flick is a reboot until I saw they are actually doing his origins correctly this time. Hopefully he'll have web-shooters instead of some silly spider web coming out of his wrists.

The movie was following the formula of more recent Spiderman stories. The director also stated that they wanted to give Peter a more human element because creating the webshooter means that he has done what no scientist has done.

That's their justification. I'm a fan of the original web cartridges because actual webs should be coming out of another part of his body... like out the butt or under his tongue lol.

As for reboots, the main reason Marvel films are getting reboots is because Marvel used to just license their characters out for these movies. Now they are an actual studio that has full creative control over the films. These reboots are MUCH better in my opinion. I mean, X-Men 1 and 2 and Spiderman 1 and 2 were great, but the majority of the other Marvel films were trash.

Hulk, Punisher, Fan 4, Ghost Rider... all horrid. I did enjoy them because they were still movies about comic characters I grew up with.

This new Spiderman looks promising. I actually really liked Tobey as Spidey so there's big shoes to fill there. One thing is certain, I'm going to be REAL mad if they muck up my all-time favorite villain again... VENOM.
I agree with everything you said. Smile

And, slight change of subject...2 days til we get to hear Cap say: "Avengers, Assemble!"
(At least they fucking better have Cap saying it!)

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2012, 12:36 PM
(02-05-2012 11:06 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(02-05-2012 10:55 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  The movie was following the formula of more recent Spiderman stories. The director also stated that they wanted to give Peter a more human element because creating the webshooter means that he has done what no scientist has done.

That's their justification. I'm a fan of the original web cartridges because actual webs should be coming out of another part of his body... like out the butt or under his tongue lol.

As for reboots, the main reason Marvel films are getting reboots is because Marvel used to just license their characters out for these movies. Now they are an actual studio that has full creative control over the films. These reboots are MUCH better in my opinion. I mean, X-Men 1 and 2 and Spiderman 1 and 2 were great, but the majority of the other Marvel films were trash.

Hulk, Punisher, Fan 4, Ghost Rider... all horrid. I did enjoy them because they were still movies about comic characters I grew up with.

This new Spiderman looks promising. I actually really liked Tobey as Spidey so there's big shoes to fill there. One thing is certain, I'm going to be REAL mad if they muck up my all-time favorite villain again... VENOM.
I agree with everything you said. Smile

And, slight change of subject...2 days til we get to hear Cap say: "Avengers, Assemble!"
(At least they fucking better have Cap saying it!)
I think I heard Nick Fury say it in one of the trailers. I still don't like Samuel Jackson as Fury. He is a great actor, but I just can't accept him visually as Fury. Sorry, my brain is etched with the image of a older white man with a white streak in his hair and a huge ass cigar in his mouth with handguns blazing.

At least it's not Hasselhoff again.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
03-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Dudes, a new trailer for Amazing Spider Man just dropped and it looks really, really awesome. http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony_...spiderman/
03-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Holy... That... Looks... AWESOME!

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
09-05-2012, 06:52 PM
What NF said.

And...

Sam Raimi who?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-06-2012, 02:48 AM
My favorite is Bucky O’Hare. It’s about a rabbit who flies around in his spaceship fighting evil. It’s really cute. I think it’s a bit more popular with the girls and Batman also, It was the first comic I ever bought, and I’ve been a fan ever since.”
30-06-2012, 04:17 AM
I hate the new DCU reboot. Has anyone seen Amanda? You'know, the fat chick from JLU? She's the size of a tooth pick now.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
30-06-2012, 12:54 PM
(30-06-2012 04:17 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I hate the new DCU reboot. Has anyone seen Amanda? You'know, the fat chick from JLU? She's the size of a tooth pick now.
Maybe Antman hit her with his shrinking ray?

EDIT: Oh wait, that's Marvel.
Maybe The Atom hit her with his shrinking ray?

~Izel
17-07-2012, 01:23 AM
(30-06-2012 12:54 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-06-2012 04:17 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I hate the new DCU reboot. Has anyone seen Amanda? You'know, the fat chick from JLU? She's the size of a tooth pick now.
Maybe Antman hit her with his shrinking ray?

EDIT: Oh wait, that's Marvel.
Maybe The Atom hit her with his shrinking ray?
It must have been a huge overhaul for him. Big Grin

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
21-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Ok, so there is a Dark Knight Rises thread, but that's mostly devoted to how the movie itself was produced. Since those of us who participate in this thread are pretty much self-described comic book nerds, we must take it upon ourselves to discuss how well the movie portrays The Batman and the beloved and hated characters of his universe.

What say ye, Bat-geeks? I give it a very positive rating as a movie about Batman. No movie has ever been able to perfectly portray a comic book hero, but I think Christopher Nolan did a pretty darn good job of creating a feel for our tortured hero.

Selina Kyle was looking the best she ever has, certainly giving Julie Newmar a run for her money as the hottest Catwoman ever.

The Robin twist obviously was not faithful to the comic books, but it was a nice movie nod to the character, since Nolan obviously didn't want to include the Boy Wonder in such a dark series. Blake does seem to loosely follow the Tim Drake character in that he was a kid who was smart enough to figure out who Batman was.

Commissioner Gordon and Alfred, in my mind, were played exactly as those characters should be played, right out of the comic books.

Talia was a nice surprise at the end. I was suspecting her of colluding with Bane, but didn't expect her to be Talia...mostly because she is not as hot as Talia should be. Big Grin

Who else wants to weigh in on Bats goes to the movies?

~Izel