Favorite Comics

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-12-2011, 12:40 PM
RE: Favorite Comics
(12-12-2011 11:57 PM)zaika Wrote:  I have heard whispers here and there about a movie, but I haven't heard about anything definitive. Lots of people want to make a WW movie...but no one seems willing to touch it. From what I read, her story is complicated to write for some reason. ??? I'm thinking that if they base it on Perez's run and update it Simone-style, they would be going in the right direction at least. Did you ever see the clips from the new WW television pilot that totally bombed?? It was terrible. Just awful. The thing with Lynda Carter is that she captured the essence of WW. She was beautiful, gracious, kind, a huge sense of social justice, and she could kick ass!! The newest WW was just...not WW at all. Ugh.

[Image: tumblr_lamy7epGJG1qce0y2o1_500.png]

And oh holy hell...LOVE it. Seeing WW beat the shit out of one of the other members of the trinity is like my favorite thing in the world. I have to say though, that for whatever reason, this is my favorite thing ever...

[Image: sMBHG.jpg]

From the cover of that trade...

[Image: gbyFk.jpg]

Thank you - I LOVE these images! I adore WW, what a role model! She took shit from no one and did some seriously righteous ass-kicking when necessary.
Heart
Wink I wish I had her lariat.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
14-12-2011, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 06:24 PM by zaika.)
(14-12-2011 10:37 AM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  As I sit here, gaping at this marvelous thread, I must restrain myself from kissing the screen.
OP, my gratitude is to be shown to you.

YEAH. O_O And I'm sure you see, why I would do bad things to her, right? Wink

Will you be my new best friend?? Smile

And uh...there are *plenty* of fan art out there that would perfectly illustrate your desire to hurt her. Wink
(14-12-2011 11:42 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Pfff, I mock your mockery of Bruce. If he can take down the Big Blue Boyscout (Reference Frank Miller's Dark Knight) I have no doubt he can take care of a little minx like Diana.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSae_u6iQXjPR9GLJmrjlF...1PIIGVhFaw]

I love the idea of Joss Whedon doing a WW series. Man, if he could make a bimbo vampire slayer seem awesome, just think what he would do with an Amazon Warrior. Shivers and chills!!!

LMAO. I mock your mockery of my mockery of Bruce!! MOCK!! Superman is a boy scout, yes...but Diana is a GODDESS. (Well, she was before they effed her over.) Goddesses trump bats trump boy scouts. Tongue lololol

Apparantly, his ideas are super awesome, but I haven't seen them or heard about them. I agree, though, he would do an AMAZING job. *le sigh*
(14-12-2011 12:40 PM)kim Wrote:  Thank you - I LOVE these images! I adore WW, what a role model! She took shit from no one and did some seriously righteous ass-kicking when necessary.
Heart
Wink I wish I had her lariat.

I'm glad you like them!! Images of her kicking ass are just sooooo awesome...a vast improvement from her beginnings. Big Grin

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
14-12-2011, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 06:51 PM by Erxomai.)
Zaika, I shared your blasphemous pix with two fellow fanboys. Here are the responses I received:

Quote:Oh bitch, you did not just speak to The Dark Knight like that! What is his weakness? Humanity. Yours? A bondage fetish!

Quote:I dunno... It made me feel kinda funny. Like when we used to climb the rope in gym class.

I wouldn't use the language of the first, but I agree with the sentiment of both. Smile

It's just a rumor and probably 3-4 years away, but how cool would this be?

Rumored Justice League Movie 2015

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-12-2011, 07:28 PM
I used to love the Dungeons and Dragons comics: Forgotten Realms, Spelljammer, Dragonlance, etc.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en...comic2.JPG

Apostate Chi Ro (XP)
My blog: http://apostatexp.blogspot.com/
Adventures in Apostasy. A former devout Catholic and amateur apologist turned atheist shares his thoughts.

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Apostate-...6000007565
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Apostate XP's post
14-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Once upon a time I used to hate Batman, but then I realized he's awesome. As far as super heroes go, he just might be my favorite. And here's why...

Babel

Anyone who thinks batman couldn't take every single member of the JLA has never read the Tower Of Babel series. Get on it chumps, Batman is king. Wonder Woman is just another step on the way to complete super hero dominance for my man in black.
[Image: 525526-jla_tower_of_babel_tp_howard_port..._super.jpg]

And that wonder woman movie looks terrible.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2011, 08:28 PM
(14-12-2011 08:09 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Once upon a time I used to hate Batman, but then I realized he's awesome. As far as super heroes go, he just might be my favorite. And here's why...

Babel

Anyone who thinks batman couldn't take every single member of the JLA has never read the Tower Of Babel series. Get on it chumps, Batman is king. Wonder Woman is just another step on the way to complete super hero dominance for my man in black.
[Image: 525526-jla_tower_of_babel_tp_howard_port..._super.jpg]

And that wonder woman movie looks terrible.

Ooooh, our new Overlord just pwn'd Z's WW. Love it!

That Bats is awesome should be self-evident, but I'm totally gonna be the chump that gets on the TOB series. Sounds awesome

And if you need further proof that Batman can do what no other villain or hero could do, I draw your attention to Hal Jordan gone rogue as Parallax in the Emerald Twilight/New Dawn (yes, teens, there was a cooler Twilight and New Dawn way before you were born. Big Grin)

If Green Lantern, channeling the power of the Guardians directly without a ring, couldn't take down the JL, but Bruce could? Bam! Whuh?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-12-2011, 03:00 AM
You guys (and gals) are really funny. Really. Batman, Superman and some WW? And you really think they are some badasses?

Guess you never heard for a guy who killed his whole planet and all the people from that planet, just to be the only one of his kind, unique. Poor Superman tried to fight him, but it was funny how he was bitchslapped. And nobody has a bike that can drive through space. The coolest of them all, ladies and gentleman, I present to you - LOBO!

[Image: lobo4.jpg]

Even when he was killed, no Hell could stand being close to him, so they send HIM to Haven, but then he killed everyone in Haven, so they were forced to send him back to the Earth. In a womans body. That was a laugh.

[Image: biz00287.jpg]

Poor little fella...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
15-12-2011, 11:09 AM
(15-12-2011 03:00 AM)Filox Wrote:  You guys (and gals) are really funny. Really. Batman, Superman and some WW? And you really think they are some badasses?

Guess you never heard for a guy who killed his whole planet and all the people from that planet, just to be the only one of his kind, unique. Poor Superman tried to fight him, but it was funny how he was bitchslapped. And nobody has a bike that can drive through space. The coolest of them all, ladies and gentleman, I present to you - LOBO!

[Image: lobo4.jpg]

Even when he was killed, no Hell could stand being close to him, so they send HIM to Haven, but then he killed everyone in Haven, so they were forced to send him back to the Earth. In a womans body. That was a laugh.

[Image: biz00287.jpg]

Poor little fella...

Smile

I consider Lobo to be Apocryphal. He's not really part of the "real" DC Universe. Tongue

~Izel
16-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Oh yeah, The One comes and kicks all of your "friends" asses and then he is not really a part of their universe. Really mature, good job.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
16-12-2011, 06:26 AM
(16-12-2011 01:31 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh yeah, The One comes and kicks all of your "friends" asses and then he is not really a part of their universe. Really mature, good job.

Smile

Glad you agree. Smile
Kind of the way I see Christianity. hehe!

~Izel