Favorite Comics

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-12-2011, 01:35 AM
RE: Favorite Comics
Hey, I read the Babel series, pretty awesome, Batman is such a paranoid freak, but the true detective, Lawful Neutral to the core. I can't understand how come they did not understand why he did it, they are stupid. At least half of them, Bat is the only that makes no exceptions.

Now, when is someone going to start reading Berserk?

Smile

P.S.

Apostate XP, do you have some torrent or download link for any of those comics, I would like to see how that looks...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
17-12-2011, 11:52 AM
(17-12-2011 01:35 AM)Filox Wrote:  Now, when is someone going to start reading Berserk?

I don't know how to read backwards. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-12-2011, 06:33 AM
(17-12-2011 11:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(17-12-2011 01:35 AM)Filox Wrote:  Now, when is someone going to start reading Berserk?

You flip the pages just like in any other comic, you just look at the pictures from right to left. It's stupid in the beginning, but once you pass the first 100 pages, you will forget that you ever read left to right... Don't let this discourage you, you all need to get to the part where Guts meets the Holy Vatican Army and Church representatives. What do you think that looks? A guy all dressed in black, chased by demons, leaves every village he passes in flames and thousands of dead bodies behind him, meets Holly Vatican Army and they accuse him of being a demon and responsible for all that he actually is responsible for... The fun begins, but not for the Holly Vatican Army, because Guts nickname is the "Hundred Man Slayer". That nickname was given after he singlehandedly killed 100 soldiers, but years before Vatican.

Smile

You have to see this comic, this is no BS.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
21-12-2011, 02:17 AM
(19-12-2011 06:33 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(17-12-2011 11:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

You flip the pages just like in any other comic, you just look at the pictures from right to left. It's stupid in the beginning, but once you pass the first 100 pages, you will forget that you ever read left to right... Don't let this discourage you, you all need to get to the part where Guts meets the Holy Vatican Army and Church representatives. What do you think that looks? A guy all dressed in black, chased by demons, leaves every village he passes in flames and thousands of dead bodies behind him, meets Holly Vatican Army and they accuse him of being a demon and responsible for all that he actually is responsible for... The fun begins, but not for the Holly Vatican Army, because Guts nickname is the "Hundred Man Slayer". That nickname was given after he singlehandedly killed 100 soldiers, but years before Vatican.

Smile

You have to see this comic, this is no BS.

Alright, Filox, there's a comic book store nearby I've been wanting to hit up. (Gave up the hardcore habit some years back). I'm an old fuck, so I don't like reading comics online. Tomorrow I shall go find a hard copy of your beloved Berserk and give it a whirl.

Oh! And don't let me forget to pick up a copy of the Babel story.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Dark Horse made the USA release and I think that you will not need to read it right to left, since it's suppose to be USA edition, I presume they have mirrored it to be normal for your part of the world. You can also find them on e-Bay...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40..._sacat=267

Let me know if you find them, I am interested in the price. Enjoy.

-Hunter S. Thompson
22-12-2011, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2011 01:58 AM by Erxomai.)
(21-12-2011 05:33 AM)Filox Wrote:  Dark Horse made the USA release and I think that you will not need to read it right to left, since it's suppose to be USA edition, I presume they have mirrored it to be normal for your part of the world. You can also find them on e-Bay...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40..._sacat=267

Let me know if you find them, I am interested in the price. Enjoy.

So this store I've been wanting to go to for sometime now was a bust. They had an ok selection of stuff besides the usual DC/Marvel, but very little Manga. The response I got from the stoner behind the counter when I asked about Berserk was, "Uh, well, uh, if we have it, it's probably in the Manga section over there." The Manga section was a shelf about 3 feet long and not full. No Berserk. Sad

But I did pick up Frank Miller's Batman Year One and The Killing Joke for my 12 year old nephew for Christmas. Time to get the kid properly indoctrinated.

PS, and I used your eBay link and bought a used copy of Volume 1 for $3.97 plus shipping. Merry Christmas to me. Smile

~Izel
22-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Yeeey, your first volume of Berserk! Bless you my son.

And only 4$? Cool. Unfortunately, most of the sellers don't sell outside of USA, so I have a problem.

-Hunter S. Thompson
22-12-2011, 10:12 AM
(22-12-2011 02:30 AM)Filox Wrote:  Yeeey, your first volume of Berserk! Bless you my son.

And only 4$? Cool. Unfortunately, most of the sellers don't sell outside of USA, so I have a problem.

I'd be willing to help you get stuff if you want. All you need to do is give me your banking information and personal identification numbers. Then you need to forward me a check for $25,000US. After it clears my bank, I'll know I can trust you and I'll wire you $100,000 in return. Send all questions in care of: erxomai@nigerianscam.com

~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
22-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Since I have over 300 comics, I have alot of favorites...and here they are! (Series, it'd take too longfor me to identify what issue)
DC's 52 series (I have two signed issues)
Amazons attack
Batgirl adventures
Batman Gotham Adventures
Battle for the Cowl - Oracle
Birds of Prey
Detective comics
Gotham Central
Batman the Killing Joke
Red Tornado (09 series 1-6)
Justice League - The Tornado Path
Green Arrow
Justice League Unlimted
The Question
The Question - 52 aftermath
Scooby Doo
The Spirit
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
22-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I have to go with the "Ghost in the Machine" series. Really cutting edge stuff. Recently read the Akira series and that was good too. The movies are great as well. The Japanese put out some really fantastic anime.