Favorite Comics

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-12-2011, 03:11 AM
RE: Favorite Comics
Did you mean "Ghost in the Shell"? Seen that and Akira years ago, great anime, both of them.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2011, 03:17 AM
(22-12-2011 01:19 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Batman the Killing Joke

Tied in my mind with A Death in the Family as best ever Batman/Joker stories. Getting goosebumps right now thinking about them both!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
28-12-2011, 11:57 AM
(14-12-2011 08:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ooooh, our new Overlord just pwn'd Z's WW. Love it!

That Bats is awesome should be self-evident, but I'm totally gonna be the chump that gets on the TOB series. Sounds awesome

And if you need further proof that Batman can do what no other villain or hero could do, I draw your attention to Hal Jordan gone rogue as Parallax in the Emerald Twilight/New Dawn (yes, teens, there was a cooler Twilight and New Dawn way before you were born. Big Grin)

If Green Lantern, channeling the power of the Guardians directly without a ring, couldn't take down the JL, but Bruce could? Bam! Whuh?

Ya'll are incorrigible. LOL

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
28-12-2011, 09:47 PM
(28-12-2011 11:57 AM)zaika Wrote:  
(14-12-2011 08:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ooooh, our new Overlord just pwn'd Z's WW. Love it!

That Bats is awesome should be self-evident, but I'm totally gonna be the chump that gets on the TOB series. Sounds awesome

And if you need further proof that Batman can do what no other villain or hero could do, I draw your attention to Hal Jordan gone rogue as Parallax in the Emerald Twilight/New Dawn (yes, teens, there was a cooler Twilight and New Dawn way before you were born. Big Grin)

If Green Lantern, channeling the power of the Guardians directly without a ring, couldn't take down the JL, but Bruce could? Bam! Whuh?

That means you love me, right? Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
(28-12-2011 09:47 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

In my own private idiom. Tongue

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
03-01-2012, 07:51 PM
(03-01-2012 04:39 PM)zaika Wrote:  

Oh, now you're name calling! Not nice!

Filox, I'm still waiting for Beserk to get here...

~Izel
04-01-2012, 04:44 PM
(03-01-2012 07:51 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 04:39 PM)zaika Wrote:  

Oh, now you're name calling! Not nice!

Filox, I'm still waiting for Beserk to get here...

At least you're smrt. lol

- Carl Sagan
06-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I dig a lot of stuff from the past decade like Invincible and Walking Dead. But as far a older stuff, I couldn't get enough of the Savage Dragon, Spawn and Wolverine. Those were my main three.
11-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Ah, Optimus, you are one of those who haven't read Berserk yet... Old school, you have all the links here in this thread.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
11-01-2012, 01:18 PM
(06-01-2012 07:48 PM)OptimusPrimal_1914 Wrote:  I dig a lot of stuff from the past decade like Invincible and Walking Dead. But as far a older stuff, I couldn't get enough of the Savage Dragon, Spawn and Wolverine. Those were my main three.

I was briefly a fan of the Image Comics, with Savage Dragon and Spawn. Groundbreaking artwork, I always felt.

Filox, I didn't tell you. I finally got my Vol 1 of Berserk. I haven't had a chance to get too far into it yet, but my initial impression is favorable. And it is labelled as Dark Horse Manga and while it is in English, it does read from right to left...it takes a bit of an adjustment, but not too difficult.

A question...was the original also in black and white or was it in color? Mine is black and white.

~Izel