Favorite Comics

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-04-2012, 09:29 AM
RE: Favorite Comics
(11-04-2012 01:47 AM)Humakt Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 02:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  The change to Miracle Man was about as lame as anything in comicbook lore. Except maybe Spider-ham!
[Image: 77770-74389-spider-ham_large.jpg]
Maybe, I kinda throw most of Marvel in that category myself. Im a real DC snob, when it comes to DC over marvel. When it gets down to it Im a real Vertigo snob Smile.
I'm pretty much an equal opportunity comic guy, but I get where you're coming from. Especially with Vertigo. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks to Humakt's post about Vertigo, I found myself having lunch across the street from a Comic Book store, yesterday. So of course I could not resist picking up a couple of TBP's of The Preacher. Seemed fitting so I changed my avatar to the Badass preach!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
15-04-2012, 05:28 PM
And in true Contagious fashion....

I have also changed my avatar to reflect the awesomeness that is Preacher.
I was tempted to go with Saint, but he is less recognizable.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
15-04-2012, 09:57 PM
(15-04-2012 05:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  And in true Contagious fashion....

But then you counter-acted it with your evil clown persona. Shudder.

I remember when Preacher came out, but I was still The Rev back then and couldn't bring myself to pick it up for fear lightning would strike or some silly thing. Then I think it was you that mentioned it recently and the seed was planted to check it out. So far...really awesome!

~Izel
17-04-2012, 04:01 AM
So what are your suggested comic-book events? I know supermanlives is going to come up with a lot of the Krypton Individuals best elements for us, but what else do you people like?
17-04-2012, 09:46 AM
(15-04-2012 09:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-04-2012 05:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  And in true Contagious fashion....

But then you counter-acted it with your evil clown persona. Shudder.

I remember when Preacher came out, but I was still The Rev back then and couldn't bring myself to pick it up for fear lightning would strike or some silly thing. Then I think it was you that mentioned it recently and the seed was planted to check it out. So far...really awesome!
In honor of this Preacher talk me and the wife are rereading the whole series.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
17-04-2012, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 10:19 AM by Erxomai.)
(17-04-2012 04:01 AM)robinjack007 Wrote:  So what are your suggested comic-book events? I know supermanlives is going to come up with a lot of the Krypton Individuals best elements for us, but what else do you people like?

Do you mean big storylines? I think Marvel's Secret Wars would be near the top of my list. Being a Spidey fan, it's the epic origin of the Symbiote Black Costume that eventually lead to Venom.
Another Spidey story-line that's not probably well known to non Spider-man fans is Kraven's Last Hunt. So good I think I need to go back and re-read that after I'm done with Preacher.
Let's do some DC: Infinite Crisis on Infinite Earths was good, but it's so huge it's not easy to read all the story lines. But over all a huge event that commercially put DC back as a major powerhouse. That leads me to The Death of Superman and Bane breaking Batman's back (can't remember the event name).
I'm sure there's lots more. Those are just at the top of my mind.

(17-04-2012 09:46 AM)lucradis Wrote:  In honor of this Preacher talk me and the wife are rereading the whole series.

Heart Heart Heart So cute. You two probaby sit on the couch or lay on the bed together reading outloud to each other. You read Jesse's parts and she reads Tulip's parts. Then you make up funny voices for the other characters. Heart Heart Heart

~Izel
29-04-2012, 10:38 AM
(17-04-2012 10:15 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Let's do some DC: Infinite Crisis on Infinite Earths was good, but it's so huge it's not easy to read all the story lines. But over all a huge event that commercially put DC back as a major powerhouse. That leads me to The Death of Superman and Bane breaking Batman's back (can't remember the event name).

Are you thinking of Knightfall?
29-04-2012, 10:42 AM
(29-04-2012 10:38 AM)moosethumbs Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 10:15 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Let's do some DC: Infinite Crisis on Infinite Earths was good, but it's so huge it's not easy to read all the story lines. But over all a huge event that commercially put DC back as a major powerhouse. That leads me to The Death of Superman and Bane breaking Batman's back (can't remember the event name).

Are you thinking of Knightfall?
Yes! Knightfall. I almost texted you that day to ask you what it was!

[Image: knightfall.jpg]

That was NOT a good day for Bruce.

~Izel
29-04-2012, 10:44 AM
(29-04-2012 10:42 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  That was NOT a good day for Bruce.
Yeah, that can ruin your weekend.