Favorite Dead/Alive: Comedians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Favorite Dead/Alive: Comedians
I'm a big fan of stand-up comedy. Netflix, YouTube, podcasts, in person. A good comic will take you out of everyday life and make almost anything worthy of laughter.

Here are my top three living comics:
Joe Rogan
Ari Shaffir
Bill Burr

Favorite dead comics:
Richard Pryor
George Carlin
Bill Cosby Laughat

Now you go. Yes

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
26-11-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: Favorite Dead/Alive: Comedians
Aside from all the popular ones which will probably get mentioned, I'm also a fan of Steven Wright, otherwise known for his role in Half Baked as the guy on the couch.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
26-11-2015, 10:10 AM
Lewis Black
Eddie Izzard

George Carlin
Richard Prior

I don't watch much standup any more.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Steven Wright is hilarious. I love Carlin. I am a huge fan of Lewis Black. I also loved John Pinette RIP Heart Lucille Ball, Amy Schumer, Kristen Wiig, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Wanda Sykes, Whitney Cummings.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Louis CK, Brian Regan, Bill Burr. Plus the others mentioned.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
26-11-2015, 10:33 AM
George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Sam Kinison, Eric Idle, John Cleese -- and of course - Douglas Adams.... (not strictly a comedian, but one of the funniest guys ever)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-11-2015, 10:47 AM
Loved Dave Allen - a very funny Irish comedian, sadly no longer with us.
Billy Connolly
Eddie Izzard
Bill Bailey
26-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Richard Jeni, unfortunately dead. And why I hate society selling the bullshit utopia "you can do it", he committed suicide because he didn't become the next Jerry Seinfeld.

He has a skit about loves songs on the radio, just about pissed my pants and choked on what I was drinking the first time I saw it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2015, 12:09 PM
I have a standing order

1. George Carlin - His timing, wackiness, and ability to make a strong point with nonsense will never be matched.

2. Robin Williams - His comedy came at you a mile a minute. And he had this ability to touch your heart with a smile.

3. Eddie Murphy - (1980's not 2000's) Murphy he had these Raw in your face jokes. And his impersonations of people is unmatched.

4. Bill Cosby - Yeah I know he's a rapist, and it will forever be a giant stain on his legacy. But as far as comedy goes he was one of the best clean comics i can think of. Jokes about kids and family, he had this ability to draw you into a story and talk to you like your a close friend.

5. Lewis Black - He's a political cartoon come to life. His anger is a representation of us all, when it comes to the rest of the world. That voice deep inside that just wants to call out all the stupid.

6. Chris Farley - A physical comedy genius. A man with skeletons in his closet but a he projected a large teddy bear that just wanted to make people happy.

7. Groucho Marx - Snappy, quick one liners. A brilliant seance of sarcasm, that I have yet to see a match for.

8. Lewis C.K. - The raunchy every man. Can tell a story about how horrible his life is and we laugh the whole way.

9. Patton Oswalt - The coolest geek ever. He reminds me of the people I like to hang out with. Jokes about religion, super heroes, and why life sucks. And love him for it.

10. Abbot and Costello - I know two people but it's a due team. But without them we wouldn't have Who's on First. They built the straight man, wacky guy formula. Sure it can be argued that Laurel and hardy, but they were two goofy guys pretending to be straight.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
26-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Now for some older folks.
Victor Borge was brilliant.
The crew on the Carol Burnett show killed it, Tim Conway's whole existence was breaking Harvey Korman on stage. It was so easy for him.
Mel Brooks
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post