Favorite Disney Movie

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
03-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Favorite Disney Movie
Come on, don't pretend. You know you like them. Tarzan, Beauty and the Beast... everybody enjoys these movies, whether they admit it to others or not. So which is your favorite?

Me, I'm partial to Aladdin and The Lion King, but my favorite is The Great Mouse Detective.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2010, 10:15 AM

RE: Favorite Disney Movie
Alladin and Lion King for me.
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2010, 10:22 AM
(03-05-2010 10:04 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Me, I'm partial to Aladdin and The Lion King

Same, but I think more for nostalgic purposes at this point. I don't really like Disney, and I especially don't like new Disney. I suppose I'm a downer in that respect, but when I was a kid I loved it.

Find all posts by this user
03-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Not sure if its Disney, Dreamworks, or whatever, but for animated kids movies...Shrek. To me it pioneered the appeal of adding lots of subtle adult humor. Its a great way to make it entertaining, but also genius marketing. Make the movie appeal to the person paying for the theatre tickets, and you're more likely to make the ticket sales!

Just visiting.

-SR
03-05-2010, 10:48 AM
(03-05-2010 10:34 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  but for animated kids movies...Shrek.

My goodness, yes! This movie was brilliant! But it wasn't a Disney effort, it was Dreamworks Smile

03-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I've always loved The Jungle Book. My favorite by far.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
03-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Hmm I think I'd rather go for the Pixar ones (Up, Ratatouille, Wall-E), at least they departed from original ideas, whereas many of 90s/2000s Disney animations are polished-up, glitzy versions of popular fairy tales/world literature/ancient myths/historical legends that lost their original charm the moment they were force-fed American pop culture cliches (e.g. Hercules, bleargh!).

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2010, 04:08 PM
The Fox and the Hound always got to me. Second one sucks though.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
03-05-2010, 08:30 PM

My favourites are Wall-E ('cause I like robots and futuristic settings) and The Incredibles (because of the superhero theme).
05-05-2010, 05:21 AM

My Favourite Disney Movies are..
Toy Story 2, Because, This is one of my favourite all time movie. A fun story that out did the original movie with great new characters and a clever story line.
and Aladdin, Its a great movie. I was so awed by the animation, I saw it twice in the theatre when it first came out.