Wood Elf
Dark Elf
Orc
Imperial
Nord
Breton
Redguard
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Favorite Elder Scrolls Race

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Favorite Elder Scrolls Race
Which is your favorite TES race? Mine is Argonian.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: Favorite Elder Scrolls Race
It depends on the build more than anything else. Breton is the best for mage Khajiit makes for great thieves. I like Nords and Orcs for warrior types. The elves are all good for various slash mage classes. Argonians are ok but their main advantage is water breathing which considering the stupid amount of potions in ES games is rendered kind of moot. From an aesthetic perspective the beast races (orc, khajiit, and argonian) are all a subjective matter of taste. I have friends that love or hate all of them for various reasons.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-08-2014, 12:17 PM
If it wasn't for the fact that Bethesda's developers are notoriously lazy and/or incompetent, I'd be playing as an Argonian, but alas, they couldn't even manage to animate their tails properly. It looks so stupid that I can't bear to play them and end up as a Breton pretty much every time. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Redguards are the bros of Tamriel.

... this is my signature!
01-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Re: Favorite Elder Scrolls Race
Dedra brah...

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Most races have useless auto-abilities (or daily abilities) that can easily be replaced with a low level spell or piece of armor. Based on that I usually choose a race for its resistances, such as Nord 50% resistance to ice or dark elf resistance to fire (I think). Poison resistance has proved to be useless.

Magic resistance and extra magicka are also good auto abilities.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
01-08-2014, 02:27 PM
(01-08-2014 12:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  If it wasn't for the fact that Bethesda's developers are notoriously lazy and/or incompetent, I'd be playing as an Argonian, but alas, they couldn't even manage to animate their tails properly. It looks so stupid that I can't bear to play them and end up as a Breton pretty much every time. Dodgy
You play in 3rd person?Gasp

01-08-2014, 02:46 PM
(01-08-2014 02:26 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Most races have useless auto-abilities (or daily abilities) that can easily be replaced with a low level spell or piece of armor. Based on that I usually choose a race for its resistances, such as Nord 50% resistance to ice or dark elf resistance to fire (I think). Poison resistance has proved to be useless.

Magic resistance and extra magicka are also good auto abilities.

That's why you mod that shit.

01-08-2014, 02:54 PM
I don't do mods...at least never have and don't plan to in the future. I like to experience the game as it was meant to be by the developers. I completely understand what mods are, and the benefit they may bring, don't get me wrong. I like to put myself within the confines of the game's originally intended rules though.

Plus I play 1st person 80%+ of the time, so it really doesn't matter what my character looks like.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
01-08-2014, 03:12 PM
(01-08-2014 02:54 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I don't do mods...at least never have and don't plan to in the future. I like to experience the game as it was meant to be by the developers. I completely understand what mods are, and the benefit they may bring, don't get me wrong. I like to put myself within the confines of the game's originally intended rules though.

Plus I play 1st person 80%+ of the time, so it really doesn't matter what my character looks like.

And if aspects of the original implementation suck, you're only punishing yourself.
(but also, you can't possibly know the intent, nor how close to some "vision" the final product is...)

Well; to each their own, I suppose.