Wood Elf
Dark Elf
Orc
Imperial
Nord
Breton
Redguard
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Favorite Elder Scrolls Race

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2014, 05:13 AM
RE: Favorite Elder Scrolls Race
(01-08-2014 11:09 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I mostly agree. When I play ES, I only use mods that I feel enhance or add to the experience of the game. Some of my favorite are "Wet and Cold", which add frosted breath animations for creatures and NPCs, and "Realistic Lighting", which adjust the color saturations and eliminate "fake lighting" sources to create a more believable world experience. I generally don't play the "pretty hair packs" and the "lol light sabers are cool" mods, but that is me. To each their own.
I would recommend you and everyone else who shares your view to check out a mod compilation that goes by the name of Skyrim Total Enhancement Project (aka S.T.E.P.). It's a detailed guide on modding and includes an extensive list of mods that enhance the gameplay experience, while leaving the graphics style, story and immersion intact.

I've used it several times before and can recommend it wholeheartedly. Thumbsup

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 07:16 AM
(01-08-2014 05:40 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  It's entirely sentiment, and there is no point. I'm not arguing my position is right. Just telling you what I'm thinking. (It's called a conversation).

And my response was just the thoughts your statement prompted. That's called conversing back.
Wink

(01-08-2014 05:42 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I'm a video game collector btw (on a small scale), so I might look at things differently than others.

I own thousands of video games.

... this is my signature!
02-08-2014, 07:19 AM
(01-08-2014 11:09 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I mostly agree. When I play ES, I only use mods that I feel enhance or add to the experience of the game.

Um, that means you don't agree at all.
Tongue

... this is my signature!
02-08-2014, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2014 08:15 AM by Adrianime.)
(02-08-2014 07:16 AM)cjlr Wrote:  And my response was just the thoughts your statement prompted. That's called conversing back.
Wink

I own thousands of video games.
Hah, K.

Well if you are actually curious of what I think of art vs what isn't...Hmmmm....when I think about it it's hard for me to think of instances where it isn't art. Sure some games lack vision, depth, or even enjoyability, but still it's hard to not say they are art. Even on the other end, conventional artwork is often hugely hit or (mostly) miss with me.

I guess for me personally, I'd have to consider a game to be pretty terrible to want to install a content-changing, or interface-altering mod (and if I did consider it terrible, I'd probably just move on to a different game, which has happened 2 or 3 times). I usually like the challenges of imperfect interfaces or game limitations. Actual implementation vs preferred implementation. But eh, it's difficult to describe it logically, because that's not the basis. It's sentimental and goes back to the age of 3 where I found video games to be the coolest thing in the world. They were like holy objects that must never be disrespected, always handled with care, and never ever thrown away.

That's an impressive collection! I collect physical copies of games. Usually about 20 or 30 of the games that appeal to me most from each Nintendo and Sony Console. I'm in the process of looking for a shelf to store everything actually (made a sweet "retro" room in the house I just bought). Considering this or this...but I don't have a good record when it comes to self assembly, so I really want to avoid that if possible.

I do have steam, and have 40 or 50 games on there, but I don't really count them as part of my collection. Games trapped in DRM of any sort just don't feel like collectable items. But sometimes you just can't pass up those great deals!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Re: RE: Favorite Elder Scrolls Race
(01-08-2014 11:06 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Bretons have the most significant passive buff in magic resistance and mana buff. My favorite race though are the dark elves. Terrible passive buffs, but cool looking. I started the series with Morrowind so I have a soft spot for them. Nwah

Dunmer.. by the nine, what a racist.

To me, some art wants user additions and there's no absolute end. You can go to some art museums that have pieces with brushes and say, add a line. Even when people add onto it, it remains the same integral creation, but with additional layers.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
02-08-2014, 08:44 AM
(01-08-2014 09:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Argonians are go home. Who would not want to play as a dinosaur?

I see no dinosaurs in that game.

Just one race comprised entirely of wannabe Gorn.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-08-2014, 09:41 AM
(02-08-2014 08:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 09:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Argonians are go home. Who would not want to play as a dinosaur?

I see no dinosaurs in that game.

Dude they are dinosaurs, hell some come with feathers. Plus they are bipedal with straight legs and even have dinosaur faces. Plus it is better than different races of humans and those little girly warriors they call elves.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-08-2014, 10:05 AM
(02-08-2014 09:41 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(02-08-2014 08:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I see no dinosaurs in that game.

Dude they are dinosaurs, hell some come with feathers. Plus they are bipedal with straight legs and even have dinosaur faces. Plus it is better than different races of humans and those little girly warriors they call elves.

[Image: StarTrek-Gorn.jpg]
Laugh out load

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
02-08-2014, 10:22 AM
(02-08-2014 05:13 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 11:09 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I mostly agree. When I play ES, I only use mods that I feel enhance or add to the experience of the game. Some of my favorite are "Wet and Cold", which add frosted breath animations for creatures and NPCs, and "Realistic Lighting", which adjust the color saturations and eliminate "fake lighting" sources to create a more believable world experience. I generally don't play the "pretty hair packs" and the "lol light sabers are cool" mods, but that is me. To each their own.
I would recommend you and everyone else who shares your view to check out a mod compilation that goes by the name of Skyrim Total Enhancement Project (aka S.T.E.P.). It's a detailed guide on modding and includes an extensive list of mods that enhance the gameplay experience, while leaving the graphics style, story and immersion intact.

I've used it several times before and can recommend it wholeheartedly. Thumbsup

I participated on the project for a while. I was working on an automated installation program for the package before I left, because the leadership there at the time were douches.
02-08-2014, 11:57 AM
I like khajiits when hand2hand is your primary attack idea.
High elves have the nicest boobs.
Nords is the closest thing to me from a racial standpoint.
Argonians are best when wearing a maid outfit.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post