• 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-11-2012, 09:40 AM
RE: Favorite House of Cantor Quotes
Here's a great metaphor for what it means to be an atheist:

We're all at Mickey D's discussing the transcendental cheeseburger when a
crew trainee falls into the fryolator. BOOM! Back room's blazing; what
do we do?

What we don't do is go to Burger King, nor Starbucks, nor home. First,
we get the fuck out. All atheism is, is getting the fuck out.

Class dismissed.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
09-11-2012, 01:43 PM
(09-11-2012 09:40 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Here's a great metaphor for what it means to be an atheist:

We're all at Mickey D's discussing the transcendental cheeseburger when a
crew trainee falls into the fryolator. BOOM! Back room's blazing; what
do we do?

What we don't do is go to Burger King, nor Starbucks, nor home. First,
we get the fuck out. All atheism is, is getting the fuck out.

Class dismissed.
Fuck. Johnny says it best, as always. HoC should write a book.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-11-2012, 08:14 PM
An arrogant, self-important psychopath disguised as an arrogant, self-important psychopath? Why, that's brilliant... not.
Psychopaths like you give psychopaths like me a bad name.
[Image: angry.gif]

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-12-2012, 03:51 AM
(19-12-2012 02:14 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  When we stop questioning ourselves, we start to put answers in other's mouths. Atheism is the better position in that the questioning never ends.
Not his insanest (I know this is not a correct form, gimme a break!), but I like it.

Quote:And if I really hafta kill someone for my Gwynnies - me first - cause it should be be obvious that he whose faith is greatest is most easily sacrificed. How come theists cannot figure this shit out? Consider
Now this is much more cantorian Cool

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
19-12-2012, 07:50 AM
(19-12-2012 03:51 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(19-12-2012 02:14 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  When we stop questioning ourselves, we start to put answers in other's mouths. Atheism is the better position in that the questioning never ends.
Not his insanest (I know this is not a correct form, gimme a break!), but I like it.

Quote:And if I really hafta kill someone for my Gwynnies - me first - cause it should be be obvious that he whose faith is greatest is most easily sacrificed. How come theists cannot figure this shit out? Consider
Now this is much more cantorian Cool

Maybe we can string some of these together into Cantorian Chants. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Might work. And we'll get a male choir to sing them a capella. And my this I mean the actual meaning of the musical term, not what you, ignorant Americans think it means Tongue

19-12-2012, 10:05 AM
(15-12-2012 11:17 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What happens when you die is that you are no longer separate from the universe by the illusion of I.
People who hold on to a fear of death have issues with their ego. Tongue

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
19-12-2012, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2012 12:12 AM by ScienceGeek2587.)
The first of the Cantorian Chants, believed to be one of the earliest works, the melody was scrawled on a coffee-stained bit of paper. While the topic seems particularly Cantorian, it lacks the wit and word count of later works, it's origin remains contested.

Gwwwwyyyyyyyyyynnnnnnnnniiiiiiiieeeeeees, Gwwwwwyyyyyynnnniiiieeeess, wweeeeee kneeeeeelllll beeeeefooooore Gwwwyyynnniiiiiiiiieeeeeeessss.
[+] 3 users Like ScienceGeek2587's post
20-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Favorite House of Cantor Quotes
(19-12-2012 11:49 PM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  The first of the Cantorian Chants, believed to be one of the earliest works, the melody was scrawled on a coffee-stained bit of paper. While the topic seems particularly Cantorian, it lacks the wit and word count of later works, it's origin remains contested.

Gwwwwyyyyyyyyyynnnnnnnnniiiiiiiieeeeeees, Gwwwwwyyyyyynnnniiiieeeess, wweeeeee kneeeeeelllll beeeeefooooore Gwwwyyynnniiiiiiiiieeeeeeessss.

There was a variant text found on a small scrap of papyri from a 1st century Codex in Alexandria, decades before any other preserved documents, hence more likely to have a higher validity. In this much older fragment the more accurate translation is "Gwwwwwyyyyyynnnniiiieeeess, kneeeeeelllll beeeeefooooore Jooooooohhhhnnnnnnyyyyyyy's Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmy!!!!!!!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
01-03-2013, 10:31 AM
With Easter just around the corner, I thought we could do with a bit of resurrection Angel

(01-03-2013 10:17 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's hard to know everything when you don't know anything.

However, I sorta beg to differ - it is only when you know squat that you can know everything. At least everything you want to know. Which is squat... Hmm, I seem to have given myself a headache...