Favorite House of Cantor Quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Favorite House of Cantor Quotes
Much of what Johnny Cantor has to say gets lost in his wonderful verbosity, but there are some valuable gems. This should be the place to post your favorite House of Cantor Quotes.

So we can have the context, please give the Thread Title and Post #, or if your smarter than me, link to the actual quote.

I'm starting with a comment from "Your ugliest character trait", post #23.
When Zatamon states that he would really like it if HoC would make some of his thoughts easier for us to understand. HoC responds with:

I think you'd really like some ice cream. Wink

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
23-11-2011, 02:34 PM
RE: Favorite House of Cantor Quotes
(19-11-2011 06:29 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  D'oh! The universe has decided the previous hair-shirt was actually bald. Nothing for it but the cat o' 9 Tongue

There may be a day when I can explain all of this in straightforward plain English without lying to myself; today is not that day, today is the 19th of November, and a month from today is a very good day. Until then, however; future is just too uncertain.

The second consideration of the copypasta from Gwynnite is more clarity that memory isn't what we think it is; that Tuesday being in that week is insanity squared. I would have sworn that happened as an isolated event. Good thing I'm an atheist, and all my woo has been reduced to zero; otherwise I might have just spun off to Buffalo rereading that post. An atheist can add zero to zero and still have zero; a theist, however, seems to think zero is infinity, and a pair of zeroes transcendence. Theism is just Not Good Stuff...

There we go. I can't help but laugh sometimes - where do the tangents come from? Spinning off to Buffalo? lol. I can understand him, but his style is definitely unique and refreshingly different. Link to post is the little green arrow Smile

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
23-11-2011, 04:52 PM
(23-11-2011 02:34 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  I can understand him, but his style is definitely unique and refreshingly different.

I have to agree, certifiably batshit insane does have a certain je ne sais quoi. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-11-2011, 08:15 PM
(23-11-2011 02:34 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(19-11-2011 06:29 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  D'oh! The universe has decided the previous hair-shirt was actually bald. Nothing for it but the cat o' 9 Tongue

There may be a day when I can explain all of this in straightforward plain English without lying to myself; today is not that day, today is the 19th of November, and a month from today is a very good day. Until then, however; future is just too uncertain.

The second consideration of the copypasta from Gwynnite is more clarity that memory isn't what we think it is; that Tuesday being in that week is insanity squared. I would have sworn that happened as an isolated event. Good thing I'm an atheist, and all my woo has been reduced to zero; otherwise I might have just spun off to Buffalo rereading that post. An atheist can add zero to zero and still have zero; a theist, however, seems to think zero is infinity, and a pair of zeroes transcendence. Theism is just Not Good Stuff...

There we go. I can't help but laugh sometimes - where do the tangents come from? Spinning off to Buffalo? lol. I can understand him, but his style is definitely unique and refreshingly different. Link to post is the little green arrow Smile

Buffalo was a good line. I was also previously fond of the hair-shirt reference and the cat 'o 9s. HoC would have made a great medieval monk. Then again, the way the prophet can traverse time and space, perhaps he was.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
27-11-2011, 09:50 AM
(27-11-2011 12:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  To simplify, everyone who has a soul already serves Gwyneth Paltrow; everyone who doesn't serve Gwyneth Paltrow must be selected against with extreme prejudice - everywhere - forever

...let us pause for station identification...

[Image: 51CW85BF1VL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic..._OU01_.jpg]

+

[Image: th_about____.jpg]

=

The entitlement of Lucifer, and the faith to devour Christianity - all 2.4 billion units of it.

I'm not really sure what this one means, but I feel something important is going on here because it made me laugh out loud with joy.

06-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Oooo...just found this HoC nug, and had to share with you all:

From the "Hate America- It's the hip and trendy thing to do" thread we read:

Hey! I like having "In God We Trust" on our scratch - 'cause we sure as fuck can't trust the Fed. Tongue

[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
07-12-2011, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2011 05:34 PM by Ferdinand.)
It was a thread about love, I recall, (posted by Daylight) where he had made the remark that was my signature on my other account for quite awhile.

"'Love is merely chemistry' is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists."

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
07-12-2011, 06:15 PM
(07-12-2011 05:31 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  It was a thread about love, I recall, (posted by Daylight) where he had made the remark that was my signature on my other account for quite awhile.

"'Love is merely chemistry' is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists."

That Johnny C. Unit really knows how to put words together.

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-12-2011, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2011 08:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-12-2011 08:12 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Eeew. Money can't buy me no Gwynnies. It does buy me Hershey's Kisses with caramel. If I wasn't poor, I'd be ill. Big Grin

Just fucking brilliant.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Oh, and this, because it gave me a good laugh.

Erxomai: "I try to only flirt with myself. That way I rarely am offended by it, nor rejected for unwanted attention."

houseofcantor: "Ahhh, eww?

You need to get out more, Preach. Wink "

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post