Poll: Favorite Characters?
Garrus Vakarian
Tali'Zorah
Liara T'Soni
Systems Alliance (Ashley Williams / Kaiden Alenko)
Cerberus (Miranda Lawson / Jacob Taylor)
ME2 DLC (Zaeed Massani / Kasumi Goto)
Krogan (Urdnot Wrex / Grunt)
ME3 DLC (Javik / Aria T'Loak / Nyreen Kandros)
Other ME2 (Jack / Samara / Legion / Thane)
Other ME3 (Vega / EDI)
Anyone else that I couldn't fit into this poll! (Be specific and please post who & why!)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Favorite Mass Effect characters?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: Favorite Mass Effect characters?
(31-03-2014 10:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Heads up, this thread will be SPOILERIFIC! You have been warned!

Anyways, I've been on a Mass Effect binge recently, up-to-and-including the Citadel ME3 DLC that I hadn't actually played until recently, and it has me looking back fondly over the entire series. Bioware makes some of the best characters in games today, made even more impressive by their tendency to do so with massive ensemble casts. So I'm just going to make a quick rundown of a few of my absolute favorite characters, and anyones else that cares enough to throw their .02 cents in is more than welcome.

Favorite companion in ME1 - Urdnot Wrex

[Image: VideoGameArt_MassEffect3_Wreav_Armor01_HerbertLowis.jpg]

The motherfucker is near indestructible powerhouse of shotgun blasts and biotic fury. He's crass and lowbrow, but his heart is always in the right place. He ultimately wants to save his people and lead them into a new golden age, which you can eventually make happen if you play your cards right. He's the last, best hope for the Krogan; and he's got your back. Also, probably one of the most entertaining voices to listen to.

Favorite companion in ME2 - Tali'Zorah

[Image: tali__zorah_vas_normandy_21_by_johntesh-d4vi121.jpg]

The quarians really get shortchanged in the original Mass Effect (Tali is the only one you ever meet), fortunately both the species and Tali get far more fleshed out in the sequel. It's here that Tali can really take the spotlight and become far more fleshed out. If it wasn't for EDI, she'd have taken the the ME3 spot for what happens on her homeworld of Rannock, but as is it is ME2 that sets up that huge later payoff. Tali is endearing in a way that no other character is in the series, she is the bumbling perfectionist who is always striving to prove herself (to her father, her people, hew crew). While she often gets caught up on her perceived failures, she still never lets it stop here from trying. She is the trilogy's eternal optimist.

Favorite companion in ME3 - EDI

[Image: VideoGameArt_MassEffect3_EdiAlternateArm...ssetti.jpg]

While EDI was introduced as the ship AI of the new Normandy SR-2 after the destruction of the original at the start of ME2, EDI gains an actual body and becomes an integral companion early on in ME3. Given how much more ME3 explores the division between synthetics and organics, EDI takes on a far more centralized and pivotal role in the story. She changes and grow more than any other character in ME3, and watching her transformation was one of that game's highlights for me; further cemented by the Extended Cut ending. EDI is the soul of ME3.

Series MVP - Garrus Vakarian

[Image: garrus_vakarian_by_donabruja-d547fzq.jpg]

You get him early on in the original Mass Effect, and there is very little time that he is not by your side. Subsequently this also means that he's one of the characters that Shepard has the most influence over. Garrus and Shepard are the quintessential buddy-cop duo, and Garrus is serious when he needs to be but can also inject moments with much needed levity. Ace marksman, consummate smartass, and professional badass.

Honorable Mention - Jeff 'Joker' Moreau

[Image: Edi_and_joker_before_cronos_station.png]

He's the best damn pilot in the galaxy, and he's voiced by Seth Green. He gets some of the series best lines, which is admirable considering that up until ME3 he almost never leaves the cockpit of the ship. Much like Tali and Garrus, Joker is one of those anchor points of the entire series; he's one of the characters that helps to ground Shepard. Also he's plays a pivotal part of EDI's aforementioned transformation across the series.

Favorite Nemesis - Maya Brooks

[Image: 910px-Maya_mugshot.png]

So had she not betrayed you at the end of the Citadel DLC, revealing herself to be the mastermind behind Shepard's clone and it's plan to replace the original Shepard and steal your identity; she probably would have been my favorite one-off NPC. She's bubbly and energetic and genuinely fun to have around for the short time that's she's there, which makes her betrayal all that more painful when it happens. She very quickly gets on your good side, and just as quickly shits all over you; but until she does she's one of the funniest characters when she has the spotlight. She's a fun 'fish out of water' character than can play off all of the other seasoned veterans on the team.

Other favorites include...
Liara T'Soni
Legion
Ashley Williams
Samantha Traynor
Aria T'Loak
Grunt

probably one of my most favorite games. Smile

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens

"You know the difference between a cult and a religion? In a cult, the guy at the top knows it is BS, and in a religion that guy is dead". Dusty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
04-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Best sticker ever!

[Image: lJKYJ2K.jpg]

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-05-2014, 01:18 PM
I love 'em all, but Jack is my favorite. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
04-05-2014, 09:22 PM
For me it's Thane. I just thought he was an incredibly complex character and I wish there was more opportunity to get to know him a bit better. Their god intrigued me, as did the honor code his race seemed to live by. The story with his son was pretty cool, too.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
[+] 2 users Like Anudist's post