Favorite Podcasts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2017, 03:42 PM
RE: Favorite Podcasts
So many favorites but the most favorites are the ones he did on LaVeyan Satanism, The Bloody Bible and the one about out of body experiences.

I am very excited about the next one where he talks to Lucien Greaves of The Satanic Temple. They embrace science and compassion, Justice and individuality and they also fight to keep religion out of places it does not belong.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2017, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2017 03:59 PM by Anjele.)
(25-03-2017 03:41 PM)kim Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 03:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Like I said, I am a true crime junkie. I would happily have the TV on true crime all day. I am interested in all of it...what happened, who did it and why, the forensics, the court system...all of it.

I know entirely too much about serial killers that others have never heard of. Sleepy

Yep - true crime for me, too. You turned me on to Sword & Scale - thanks for that! Wink

I also listen to a guy out of Australia do a thing called Casefile - very detailed stuff in an Auzi accent.
My favorite lately are my two guys Nick & the Captain - they do a thing called True Crime Garage.
Been a long time listener of Criminal with Phoebe Judge.
A couple of other crime ones I can't recall the names of - I'll edit if I think of them.
I also have other things that aren't crime:
WTF
This American Life
Radio Lab
Two Dope Queens
The New Yorker Radio Hour
Hardcore History
Stuff You Should Know
Stuff You Missed In History Class
Common Sense with Dan Carlin
Here's the Thing
History on Fire
Serial

Several more I can't recall at the moment.

Casefile is awesome! And True Crime Garage is one I recently binge-listened to and now follow. Criminal is great too...I just wish she did more, or longer episodes. I am currently catching up on Vanished.

Suspect Convictions and Somebody Knows Something are good time fillers while waiting for new episodes of the others.

I think if I could get the voice of the guy that does Casefile mixed in with The Captain I could be a happy person. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-03-2017, 04:02 PM
The Clark Howard Podcast
Everyone's Agnostic
Oh No Ross and Carrie
The Phil Ferguson Show
Rationally Speaking
Sawbones
Talk Nerdy
Congressional Dish
Adam Ruins Everything
The Scathing Atheist
Quirks and Quarks
Opening Arguments

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
25-03-2017, 04:07 PM
(25-03-2017 03:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think if I could get the voice of the guy that does Casefile mixed in with The Captain I could be a happy person. Tongue

I like your jib! Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-03-2017, 04:21 PM
(25-03-2017 04:07 PM)kim Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 03:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think if I could get the voice of the guy that does Casefile mixed in with The Captain I could be a happy person. Tongue

I like your jib! Thumbsup

Check out Generation Why. One of the guys is pretty annoying in the first several episodes as he has a tic of nervous laughter but he has pretty much overcome that. I guess enough people complained about it that he either got over it or they learned to edit it out.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-03-2017, 05:38 AM
I listen to "The Weekly Planet" which is a comic book movie/tv show podcast, hosted by a pair of Aussies, and it's hilarious Smile Highly recommend it if anybody is a fan of this sort of thing Smile

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
28-03-2017, 06:01 AM
Lots of people have mentioned 'This American Life'. I was frustrated that on iTunes they would only show four or five episodes so I went to the website and found that I can listen on Pandora and have many more episodes available. Thumbsup

02-04-2017, 12:37 AM
Anyone listen to Shit Town?

It's 7 episodes you can download all at once. It is NOT a true crime podcast ... though, I suppose one might say that is debatable.

I stayed with it to the end.
It is entrancing.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-04-2017, 05:41 AM
(02-04-2017 12:37 AM)kim Wrote:  Anyone listen to Shit Town?

It's 7 episodes you can download all at once. It is NOT a true crime podcast ... though, I suppose one might say that is debatable.

It is entrancing.

Listened to the whole thing at work one day last week. Thumbsup

02-04-2017, 10:16 AM
(02-04-2017 05:41 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 12:37 AM)kim Wrote:  Anyone listen to Shit Town?

It is entrancing.

Listened to the whole thing at work one day last week. Thumbsup

I listened over a couple of days. I needed a break in the middle to think about what I'd just heard. I didn't look for any photos until just before I posted about it here. The podcast was such an intimate thing to listen to. Voyeuristic, really.

It's certainly safe to say I love John; safe, now that he can't fight it off.
As troubled as he was, the planet would be a much better place with more people like him around.