Favorite Podcasts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: Favorite Podcasts
(02-04-2017 10:16 AM)kim Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 05:41 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Listened to the whole thing at work one day last week. Thumbsup

I listened over a couple of days. I needed a break in the middle to think about what I'd just heard. I didn't look for any photos until just before I posted about it here. The podcast was such an intimate thing to listen to. Voyeuristic, really.

It's certainly safe to say I love John; safe, now that he can't fight it off.
As troubled as he was, the planet would be a much better place with more people like him around.

I will probably listen to it all again. When I listen at work I get most of what's said, but not all so I frequently revisit podcasts.

I will have to go look at picture.

New Casefile to listen to!

Kim - my partner in crime. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-04-2017, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 10:52 AM by PaulPablo.)
I'm not sure if these are all strictly podcasts I just watch them on youtube but people like Joe Rogan just put their podcasts up as a video aswell as a podcast and I think Stefan Molyneux is the same.

The Joe Rogan experience.....A podcast with everyone from Neil De Gras Tyson, Louis Theroux, comedians, UFC fighters, James Hetfield.

Anything with Karl Pilkington or Ricky Gervais.

Opie and Anthony, Bill Burr, that whole crowd. Basically a bunch of comedians, they work with Joe Rogan and Ricky Gervais too.

Stefan Molyneux. Philisophy show, he's also been on the Joe Rogan show.

Elliot Hulse strength camp. Fitness and life advice about being the strongest version of yourself, I think he did an interview with Stefan Molyneux.

Louder with Crowder, Christian podcast, can be annoying but I watch it sometimes, he's also been on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Seriously Strange. About strange things in general.

Gavin Mcguiness. He's not a major person I watch but he says some funny politically incorrect stuff. A founder of vice. Also been on the Joe Rogan experience.

Dan Carlin's hardcore history. Interesting podcast about history again he's been on JRE.

I listened to freakanomics, it was such a long time ago I barely remember it but I also liked that one.

sword and scale. It's one of my favourites, it's all about messed up crime, some really really disturbing stuff on here.

I notice a few people like crime podcasts but I didn't see sword and scale in their list. If you haven't heard of it and you like dark crime podcasts then you're in for a hell of a treat. It's really well produced and layed out aswell.

And that reminds me there's another podcast called true murder. It's alright for a listen when I'm bored but the person presenting the show is almost comical at making mistakes. He's usually talking to guests via the phone and often they don't pick up or aren't on the line right away but he keeps recording, and he has SUCH an awkward way of talking sometimes it's like listening to a parady of a badly thought out podcast, which in a wierd way makes it more entertaining and funny even though he's talking about serial killers.
02-04-2017, 11:19 AM
(02-04-2017 10:40 AM)PaulPablo Wrote:  I'm not sure if these are all strictly podcasts I just watch them on youtube but people like Joe Rogan just put their podcasts up as a video aswell as a podcast and I think Stefan Molyneux is the same.

The Joe Rogan experience.....A podcast with everyone from Neil De Gras Tyson, Louis Theroux, comedians, UFC fighters, James Hetfield.

Anything with Karl Pilkington or Ricky Gervais.

Opie and Anthony, Bill Burr, that whole crowd. Basically a bunch of comedians, they work with Joe Rogan and Ricky Gervais too.

Stefan Molyneux. Philisophy show, he's also been on the Joe Rogan show.

Elliot Hulse strength camp. Fitness and life advice about being the strongest version of yourself, I think he did an interview with Stefan Molyneux.

Louder with Crowder, Christian podcast, can be annoying but I watch it sometimes, he's also been on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Seriously Strange. About strange things in general.

Gavin Mcguiness. He's not a major person I watch but he says some funny politically incorrect stuff. A founder of vice. Also been on the Joe Rogan experience.

Dan Carlin's hardcore history. Interesting podcast about history again he's been on JRE.

I listened to freakanomics, it was such a long time ago I barely remember it but I also liked that one.

sword and scale. It's one of my favourites, it's all about messed up crime, some really really disturbing stuff on here.

I notice a few people like crime podcasts but I didn't see sword and scale in their list. If you haven't heard of it and you like dark crime podcasts then you're in for a hell of a treat. It's really well produced and layed out aswell.

And that reminds me there's another podcast called true murder. It's alright for a listen when I'm bored but the person presenting the show is almost comical at making mistakes. He's usually talking to guests via the phone and often they don't pick up or aren't on the line right away but he keeps recording, and he has SUCH an awkward way of talking sometimes it's like listening to a parady of a badly thought out podcast, which in a wierd way makes it more entertaining and funny even though he's talking about serial killers.

Another Sword and Scale person! Thumbsup Love that podcast and turned on another member here to it. It's so well done. I have a S&S sticker on my car.

We had another thread about podcasts a while back and I mentioned it there.

I don't do the YouTube thing as I am at work when I listen and am too busy to focus on a visual. At home in the evening I am usually also playing a game or wandering around here so again no visual for me.

True Murder has some good episodes and some not so good. I don't follow it any more. I found that while an author may write well they aren't always a good interview. I also find Dan's opening about himself in that weird voice to be off-putting. I know I heard Fred Rosen interviews a couple times where he had to have been drunk...they were awful. And he is so smarmy. What made me give up on the podcast is that I didn't see any signs of improvement in the quality. Other podcasts that I listen to I can see a definite change over time. That one...not so much.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-04-2017, 11:20 AM
(02-04-2017 10:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  New Casefile to listen to!

I know - I've been waiting for this!
When he said, "to be continued", I actually yelled, "NOOOOOOO!".

I guess I should have known it would be at least a 3 parter - this case and the murderers' lives, has been meticulously chronicled for decades. It's extremely infamous.

Can't wait to listen. The suspense has been killing me. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-04-2017, 11:25 AM
(02-04-2017 11:20 AM)kim Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 10:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  New Casefile to listen to!

I know - I've been waiting for this!
When he said, "to be continued", I actually yelled, "NOOOOOOO!".

I guess I should have known it would be at least a 3 parter - this case and the murderers' lives, has been meticulously chronicled for decades. It's extremely infamous.

Can't wait to listen. The suspense has been killing me. Wink

Now if Nick and The Captain can get their iTunes issues fixed I can get back to them again. **taps foot impatiently**

02-04-2017, 11:43 AM
I listen on my phone and pull the majority of my podcasts through a free app I installed called Podcast Republic - but there are many other free ones. I only have iTunes on my computer and I do not sync anything to my computer except an ipod I use for audiobooks & music. I have a few podcasts in iTunes but, I don't like to link anything (phone/tablet) to my computer.

This way - on my phone, I don't deal with the hoops that iTunes trys to make me jump through.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-04-2017, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 12:03 PM by Anjele.)
iTunes works great for me since my hearing aids will link up to my iPhone. Makes listening really easy. I don't sync music to my phone but I do sync Podcasts.

02-04-2017, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 12:04 PM by kim.)
(02-04-2017 11:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  iTunes works great for me since my hearing aids will link up to my iPhone. Makes listening really easy. I don't synch music to my phone but I do sync Podcasts.

Hmm - it seems that with iTunes ... you will need to First, unsubscribe to the show and then delete the show entirely from your iTunes. Then, you will need to search for it again and resubscribe to the show. Then, POWER OFF your phone (or computer) and turn it back on.

That is a message directly from The Captain about the iTunes situation.
See if that works. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-04-2017, 12:04 PM
(02-04-2017 11:58 AM)kim Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 11:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  iTunes works great for me since my hearing aids will link up to my iPhone. Makes listening really easy. I don't synch music to my phone but I do sync Podcasts.

Hmm - it seems that with iTunes ... you will need to First, unsubscribe to the show and then delete the show entirely from your iTunes. Then, you will need to search for it again and resubscribe to the show. Then, POWER OFF your phone (or computer) and turn it back on.

Doing that now.

Sure wish I didn't have to buy the older shows that were done before I found them. There are probably 45 that I missed. Sadcryface2

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-04-2017, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 12:20 PM by kim.)
(02-04-2017 12:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 11:58 AM)kim Wrote:  Hmm - it seems that with iTunes ... you will need to First, unsubscribe to the show and then delete the show entirely from your iTunes. Then, you will need to search for it again and resubscribe to the show. Then, POWER OFF your phone (or computer) and turn it back on.

Doing that now.

Sure wish I didn't have to buy the older shows that were done before I found them. There are probably 45 that I missed. Sadcryface2

If that doesn't work, First unsubscribe & delete it all, POWER OFF, and THEN resubscribe.

Apple tends to be a bit tricky that way. Dodgy