Favorite Quotes Regarding Religion/Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Favorite Quotes Regarding Religion/Science
I like collecting religious and science quotes, many of you have sigs that are perfect for this thread. So without further ado:

The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and they come after you with machetes. - Dave Barry

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 07:53 AM
RE: Favorite Quotes Regarding Religion/Science
One more posting before abandoning thread Weeping

Scriptures, n.: The sacred books of our holy religion, as distinguished from the false and profane writings on which all other faiths are based.
Ambrose Bierce

The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
Arthur C. Clarke

The generality of men are naturally apt to be swayed by fear rather than reverence, and to refrain from evil rather because of the punishment that it brings than because of its own foulness.
Aristotle

If its true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
Voltaire

Homo sapiens, the only creature endowed with reason, is also the only creature to pin its existence on things unreasonable.
Henri Bergson

Hasta la vista, baby!

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
02-04-2013, 08:23 AM
'tis not by meditation or by virtue of our own understanding that we have acquired our religion, but by foreign authority and command
- Michel de Montaigne (France)

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
02-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Re: RE: Favorite Quotes Regarding Religion/Science
(02-04-2013 07:53 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  One more posting before abandoning thread :weeping:

Scriptures, n.: The sacred books of our holy religion, as distinguished from the false and profane writings on which all other faiths are based.
Ambrose Bierce

The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
Arthur C. Clarke

The generality of men are naturally apt to be swayed by fear rather than reverence, and to refrain from evil rather because of the punishment that it brings than because of its own foulness.
Aristotle

If its true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
Voltaire

Homo sapiens, the only creature endowed with reason, is also the only creature to pin its existence on things unreasonable.
Henri Bergson

Hasta la vista, baby!

:dodgy: not bad at all
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2013, 05:10 PM
:
(01-04-2013 01:39 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I like collecting religious and science quotes, many of you have sigs that are perfect for this thread. So without further ado:

The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and they come after you with machetes. - Dave Barry

Going off track a bit here, but I know you are a dog man and just came across these:

'Id rather live in my car with my dogs than live in a castle without them' (anon)

"Dogs may not be our whole lives, but they make our live whole" (anon)

and a non canine one...

'Don't wait for the Last Judgement it takes place every day' Albert Camus.
05-04-2013, 05:34 PM
“The more I learn about the universe, the less convinced I am that there's any sort of benevolent force that has anything to do with it, at all.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]