• 2 Votes - 5 Average
26-03-2010, 02:49 AM

RE: Favorite Quotes
"Life IS a near death experience."---David Harper
Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2010, 05:42 AM

Hi..
Here are some of my favorite quotes of all time from philosophers, politicians, scientists and other great persons throughout history:

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Alva Edison

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Sir Isaac Newton

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome." - Isaac Asimov

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr

"Knowledge is power" - Francis Bacon

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." - Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899

"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe." - H. G. Wells

"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." - Robert J. Oppenheimer (citing from the Bhagavad Gita, after witnessing the world's first nuclear explosion)

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true." - James Branch Cabell
27-03-2010, 11:43 PM

"I don't think we're here for anything, we're just products of evolution. You can say 'Gee, your life must be pretty bleak if you don't think there's a purpose,' but I'm anticipating a good lunch." - Dr. James Watson
[+] 1 user Likes Donut Heathen's post
28-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Ooh, I like that one.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2010, 07:46 AM
It is said that whosoever the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad. In fact, whosoever the gods wish to destroy, they first hand the equivalent of a stick with a fizzing fuse and Acme Dynamite Company written on the side. It's more interesting, and doesn't take so long.
- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

Him who mountain crush him no
Him who sun him stop him no
Him who hammer him break him no
Him who fire him fear him no
Him who raise him head above him heart
Him diamond
- Troll legend
Terry Pratchett, Thud!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
07-04-2010, 12:00 PM
"God’s only concern is to guard his truths. Sometimes, a single shrug demolishes them all, for thoughts made them crumble to the ground a long time ago. If a worm was capable of metaphysical anxiety, it would trouble his sleep as well." (Emil Cioran)

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2010, 12:39 PM
From a chat Mafia site:

easymac: 3) if two trains are moving at each other at 65mph and one leaves from st louis
easymac: and the other from atlanta
easymac: how long til ur mafia

28-04-2010, 09:57 AM
I've been having some fun with the Joker recently. Here are a couple gems I found:

--------------------------

FANGIRL: If I gave you a blanket, a coffee mug and a paper clip, what would you do with them?
JOKER: Kill MacGyver.

*taps sleeping guard with baseball bat*
JOKER: Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. WAKE UP!
*guard wakes up*
JOKER: GO TO SLEEP!
*hits him*

ARKHAM: The cops have been looking everywhere for you!
JOKER: Well, they didn't check the backseat of your car!
ARKHAM: No, they did not.

JOKER: Now, if this works, and I wake up and my pants are off...
STRANGE: A subject under hypnosis will only do what that subject would normally be willing to do.
JOKER: Like I said, if this works, and I wake up and my pants are off...

JOKER: In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people. Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed and blew it out.

JOKER: You actually believed that all it would take is a few chemicals, a couple of days and drug-induced isolation and a cheap little nervous breakdown and you'd have me all figured out? Like there was some rabbit hole you could follow me down to understanding?

JOKER: I did it! I finally killed Batman! In front of a bunch of vulnerable, disabled kids! Now, get me Santa Claus!

*Batman offers to rehabilitate the Joker*

JOKER: See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum...and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape! So, like, they get up onto the roof and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moonlight... stretching away to freedom. Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend daredn't make the leap. Y'see... y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea...He says 'Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!'

*sobs*

B-but the second guy just shakes his head. He suh-says... he says 'What do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!'

28-04-2010, 10:01 AM

Nice Unbeliever. ^_^
28-04-2010, 10:46 AM
"All right, Justice! Time to take advantage of her - I mean, her mistake!"
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney