Favorite Seasonal Beers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2013, 03:40 AM
Favorite Seasonal Beers
Mine: Samuel Adams, Octoberfest. The flavor is outstanding. Sweet yet tart. Robust, yet doesn't give me the impression that I'm sucking it through a burlap sack. It sparkles and shines with the flavors of Autumn as I sit back and watch the leaves turn from green to orange and the Sun set lower in the sky. It was the first beer I ever had, and every year, I buy it 4-5 cases at a time.

It's no longer available in stores where I am, and I'm very sad about that. Sad I've got a 12-pack (minus 3) for the rest of the Winter months. Can't wait until next year.

[Image: Samuel+Adams+Octoberfest+2012.JPG]

Yours: GO.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
09-11-2013, 05:08 AM
RE: Favorite Seasonal Beers
I don't see many seasonal beers here and I miss them. I agree on the Oktoberfest beer - the flavor is so rich and satisfying. The memory is forever burned in my brain.

What I can get here is Pyramid Hefeweizen, which is not seasonal but it is very good. I don't like any of the other Hefeweizen, they are filtered and just don't have the oomph.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
09-11-2013, 05:22 AM
Australians don't have seasonal beers, at least none that I know of.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
09-11-2013, 01:13 PM
It's November, man! That's way past Oktoberfest season!

Muskoka and Lake of Bays (which are... kind of nearby) have very nice seasonal offerings. That'd be their harvest ale and fall IPA respectively.

But it's pretty much winter up here already, so fall seasonals are pretty much over and done with for the year.

Barley Days out in Picton makes a fantastic cherry porter around christmas time. Muskoka have a chocolate cranberry stout, and Lake of Bays have an amazing mocha porter.

... this is my signature!
09-11-2013, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 05:19 PM by kim.)
Leinenkugel's has seasonal offerings. I love their Summer Shandys and the Winter beers are great, too. The cool thing is, they come nice sampler packs of four different beers so, you can find one you really like before you load up.
[Image: leinenkugels-winter-sampler-pack.jpg]
I like one from last year called Snowdrift Port - I found it perfect to pass a snowy winter evening. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
09-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Doggie Claws

Hair of the dog. Awesome stuffs.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

10-11-2013, 02:50 AM
(09-11-2013 01:13 PM)cjlr Wrote:  It's November, man! That's way past Oktoberfest season!

There should be no such thing. Sleepy

I hereby demand that Octoberfest be sold year-round. Even though that totally screws up the point of it all. But dammit, I want my beer!!!

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user