Favorite Sports Teams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2017, 03:16 PM
Favorite Sports Teams
Can you guess what mine is? Tongue I remember my Dad taking me to my first Sox game when I was a little girl. It was so exciting, I just loved the energy of the fans, the food, the excitement of the game, everything about it. Do you have any fond memories of going to sporting events with your family--or just any favorite sports teams in general? Maybe post a pic of you in your sports fan gear if you like.

*My Red Sox cap is older than many of my relationships Hobo

[Image: zwx8iw.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-06-2017, 06:43 PM
RE: Favorite Sports Teams
Fav teams? I've had a few. They tend to go in stages.

I was a big fan of the Ferrari F1 team when I followed the sport. Took in a bunch of races, including the last ever F1 race held in Estoril, Portugal (David Coulthard's first win in 1995 while driving for Williams Renault).

I was an on-again/off-again fan of the hapless Toronto Maple Leafs for a while. Sort of like the Cubs... lovable losers.

Then I started following the Toronto Raptors as my SO has a family connection with them. But I got so disgusted with the officiating in basketball - next to soccer, it's the worst-officiated sport - that I can't even watch it anymore.

Been a pretty big Blue Jays fan in years past, but the team, now owned by arguably of the most hated companies in Canada, is now nothing more than a money grab. They don't care about putting a quality, winning team on the field, they just want an excuse to charge more... and more... and more...

All that griping and I haven't really answered your question.

My favourite sports team is a local Midget hockey team that my nephew (he's 15) plays on. Great fun to watch, decent hockey (for 15-year-olds) and my nephew is one of the star players!
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
19-06-2017, 06:52 PM
I used to be a huge NFL fan, and my team was, of course, the Dallas Cowboys. Over the last ten years, I've definitely lost a bit of interest.

I'll still root for the 'Pokes if I catch a game, but I don't keep a TV at home, and can't be bothered to head out to watch footbal, really.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
19-06-2017, 07:34 PM
The only team I pay any attention to is my wife and me. Great times with that indoor body surfing! Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
19-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Did anybody else not know that there were women who play football in their underwear?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-06-2017, 08:05 PM
(19-06-2017 06:43 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Fav teams? I've had a few. They tend to go in stages.

I was a big fan of the Ferrari F1 team when I followed the sport. Took in a bunch of races, including the last ever F1 race held in Estoril, Portugal (David Coulthard's first win in 1995 while driving for Williams Renault).

I was an on-again/off-again fan of the hapless Toronto Maple Leafs for a while. Sort of like the Cubs... lovable losers.

Then I started following the Toronto Raptors as my SO has a family connection with them. But I got so disgusted with the officiating in basketball - next to soccer, it's the worst-officiated sport - that I can't even watch it anymore.

Been a pretty big Blue Jays fan in years past, but the team, now owned by arguably of the most hated companies in Canada, is now nothing more than a money grab. They don't care about putting a quality, winning team on the field, they just want an excuse to charge more... and more... and more...

All that griping and I haven't really answered your question.

My favourite sports team is a local Midget hockey team that my nephew (he's 15) plays on. Great fun to watch, decent hockey (for 15-year-olds) and my nephew is one of the star players!

That's so sweet that your favorite sports team is your nephew's team Thumbsup
19-06-2017, 08:06 PM
(19-06-2017 06:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I used to be a huge NFL fan, and my team was, of course, the Dallas Cowboys. Over the last ten years, I've definitely lost a bit of interest.

I'll still root for the 'Pokes if I catch a game, but I don't keep a TV at home, and can't be bothered to head out to watch footbal, really.

Makes sense-Texas Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-06-2017, 08:06 PM
(19-06-2017 07:34 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The only team I pay any attention to is my wife and me. Great times with that indoor body surfing! Thumbsup

Tongue I bet Big Grin
19-06-2017, 08:07 PM
(19-06-2017 07:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Did anybody else not know that there were women who play football in their underwear?

I did Big Grin
19-06-2017, 08:08 PM
Thanks to the mod who moved the thread to the Sports section. I forgot we had a Sports section, then after I made the thread, I saw it and was like shit, I shoulda put it in the Sports section Big Grin