Favorite Sports Teams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2017, 08:56 PM
RE: Favorite Sports Teams
(19-06-2017 07:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Did anybody else not know that there were women who play football in their underwear?

Unsafe working conditions. They don't have enough padding.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
19-06-2017, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2017 09:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Rancho Santa Fe Pee Wee soccer for 3 and 4 year olds.
They have to learn you can't pick up the ball, and what way you have to run.
They usually forget both, a lot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-06-2017, 09:57 PM
(19-06-2017 09:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Rancho Santa Fe Pee Wee soccer for 3 and 4 year olds.
They have to learn you can't pick up the ball, and what way you have to run.
They usually forget both, a lot.

That sounds adorable!
20-06-2017, 02:46 AM
I'm a Philadelphia Phillies fan, with Baseball being the only sport I've ever really been into. As a kid I used to love Football (soccer for the US people) and loved certain teams, but I only really watch the international games now to support the home country, England.

Baring that I like watching Cricket, but only watching live games in the grounds, with my father in law....drinking lots of beer lol.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
20-06-2017, 03:45 AM
(20-06-2017 02:46 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I'm a Philadelphia Phillies fan, with Baseball being the only sport I've ever really been into. As a kid I used to love Football (soccer for the US people) and loved certain teams, but I only really watch the international games now to support the home country, England.

Baring that I like watching Cricket, but only watching live games in the grounds, with my father in law....drinking lots of beer lol.

I prefer watching live sporting events myself, or going to a bar to watch with a lot of people. I like the excitement of everyone getting into the action.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-06-2017, 04:17 AM
(20-06-2017 03:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 02:46 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I'm a Philadelphia Phillies fan, with Baseball being the only sport I've ever really been into. As a kid I used to love Football (soccer for the US people) and loved certain teams, but I only really watch the international games now to support the home country, England.

I prefer watching live sporting events myself, or going to a bar to watch with a lot of people. I like the excitement of everyone getting into the action.
Yep, same!

one day I'll visit the states to check out a game of baseball live. It's my life ambition to sit in the stand and watch the Phillies play!

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
20-06-2017, 07:30 AM
(20-06-2017 04:17 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 03:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I prefer watching live sporting events myself, or going to a bar to watch with a lot of people. I like the excitement of everyone getting into the action.
Yep, same!

one day I'll visit the states to check out a game of baseball live. It's my life ambition to sit in the stand and watch the Phillies play!

Well, if you ever come to the States let me know, and you and Mrs. Oaktree and me and my bf (who is originally from Pennsylvania) will take you out and show you around. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-06-2017, 07:31 AM
(19-06-2017 08:56 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 07:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Did anybody else not know that there were women who play football in their underwear?

Unsafe working conditions. They don't have enough padding.

I beg to differ, did you see the size of that lady's...front end Laugh out load
20-06-2017, 07:46 AM
(20-06-2017 07:30 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 04:17 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Yep, same!

Well, if you ever come to the States let me know, and you and Mrs. Oaktree and me and my bf (who is originally from Pennsylvania) will take you out and show you around. Smile
SWEET Big Grin

20-06-2017, 08:52 AM
Habs all the way.

(Le club de hockey du Canadien de Montreal, for the uninitiated)

Even though I grew up in Vancouver, I was a rapid fan of Les glorieux. Other teenage girls would pick up Teen Beat; I subscribed to Hockey News.

And it runs in the family. Even in Vancouver, my mother NEVER missed a game.
Hockey was the ONLY program we were allowed to watch while eating dinner. My mom would mute the TV (because it was broadcast in English) and turn up the radio (Radio Canada broadcast the game in French)

Number 19, Larry Robinson was my favourite player, followed closely by Ken Dryden. I vaguely remember seeing Henri Richard (the Pocket Rocket) play.

I very distinctly remember the Canada-Soviet series and the Henderson Goal.
I was in Grade 2.

I remember most of the Habs' Stanley Cup victories during the '70s. I grew up expecting them to win.

If my then-fiancé had not been a Canadien fan, I don't think my parents would have agreed to the marriage. (I'm only half joking).

Today, our son is just as rabid a fan. Continues to follow Montreal am hockey radio shows (and there are several) to keep tabs on trades (yay for Drouin!), off-season action etc. from South America. Wears his Habs cap in ALL his photos. Only wants to work and live in Montreal, mainly to follow the Canadien as closely as possible.

Definitely as close to religious fervour as you can get.

And this is apparently quite typical of Habs fans
" ...Beginning in Jan. 2009, theology professor Dr. Olivier Bauer, of the University of Montreal, will be offering a course that explores whether or not the Montreal Canadiens are a religion.

“The course will provide a very deep reflection of the different religious aspects of the Canadiens de Montreal,” said Bauer. “We can find beliefs in and around the Canadiens and also want to answer the question; is the game a kind of ritual-rite?”
..."

Quebec may have switched from being an intensely religious society into a very secular one, but not in terms of hockey!

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post