Favorite cake?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2016, 01:56 PM
RE: Favorite cake?
(18-11-2016 01:11 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I'm a carrot cake man myself.

Not the biggest fan of carrot cake (don't hate it, either... just not at the top of my list), but the single best piece of cake I've ever had in my life was a Vegan carrot cake, made entirely without butter, cheese, or egg. Even that amazing "cream cheese" frosting was something they did with tofu, the sister of the chef (who procured the piece for me) explained. Seriously, the single best piece of cake I've ever had.

Impossible, you say? I would have said so, too, right up until my first bite.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
18-11-2016, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2016 02:45 PM by Grasshopper.)
I have to express a minority opinion here: I don't like cheese in general (yes, I'm a lifelong resident of Wisconsin, "the dairy state"), and therefore I will not eat cheesecake or any cake with cream cheese frosting.

My favorite cake would have to be German chocolate, but I really don't eat cake very often. I'm more of a pie man (with rhubarb pie at the top of the list).

ETA: Someone else mentioned eclairs, and yes, those are to die for -- also brownies -- but I don't really consider either of those cake.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-11-2016, 02:40 PM
I LUV carrot cake ... I hook myself up to an insulin drip, and head down to the cafeteria, the days they have it at work, and eat a whole one.
Well, I *could*. Angel

At home, my mom makes THE best chocolate cake with fudge frosting in the WHOLE world, (and that with some ice cream is to die for). Then my Italian cook friend makes a cherry chocolate cake ... which is only a tiny bit down the list from mom's, (actually I think it's my granny's recipe ... I tried it once, and it actually turned out, the first time I tried it, it was "chocolate soup" Weeping )

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-11-2016, 02:42 PM
(18-11-2016 02:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I don't like cheese in general

[Image: I-dont-know-who-you-are.gif]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 8 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-11-2016, 03:14 PM
(18-11-2016 02:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I LUV carrot cake ... I hook myself up to an insulin drip, and head down to the cafeteria, the days they have it at work, and eat a whole one.
Well, I *could*. Angel

At home, my mom makes THE best chocolate cake with fudge frosting in the WHOLE world, (and that with some ice cream is to die for). Then my Italian cook friend makes a cherry chocolate cake ... which is only a tiny bit down the list from mom's, (actually I think it's my granny's recipe ... I tried it once, and it actually turned out, the first time I tried it, it was "chocolate soup" Weeping )

(18-11-2016 02:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I hook myself up to an insulin drip, and head down to the cafeteria

Laugh out load ^ ^ ^ Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-11-2016, 12:20 AM
Fuck this thread and everyone in it.

I wish you were all cake, so I could eat you all!

I am so hungry and sad right now, hungry and sad...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
19-11-2016, 07:22 AM
(19-11-2016 12:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck this thread and everyone in it.

Sad

I'll let you eat me.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
19-11-2016, 10:51 AM
(19-11-2016 12:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck this thread and everyone in it.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
19-11-2016, 11:07 AM
Chocolate molten lava cake.

[Image: SAM_3845.JPG.cf.jpg]

Drooling

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
24-02-2017, 07:18 AM
(17-11-2016 07:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm more into pie. Key lime with a super thick graham cracker crust. Like, more crust than pie.

Rockaberry also makes a good strawberry shortcake pie.

That's a good thread unto itself!

For cake, which I like just as well, it can vary. Cookies and cream, lemon, red velvet. I'd like German chocolate but don't care for nuts.

Does fruitcake count? I've been making a lot of that lately. Though I get too impatient and don't age it.