RE: Favorite horror films
There is no scarier opening sequence than this:

The music just punches you in the gut.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Oooo horrors. Not too many can actually make me jump. I base where a horror is in my rating by how much it genuinely creeped me out.... so on that note:

Sinister (putting this one first only because I watched it very recently for the second time - first on my own, then with my boyfriend - it's genuinely creepy and you get some jumps)
The Shining (the book is better obviously, but I was still unable to watch the ending of the film for a long time... well, I was about 10 at the time haha)
1408 was pretty good
Devil (one particular stand out scene for me with the face changing bit... sudden face changes always put the chills in me)
The Thing
Alien

There are others that I love, but these are the heebie jeebie-est my brain could think of at the moment!

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
09-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Possibly for both horror and rampant falsification, M. Gibson's "The Passion".

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
09-11-2013, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 02:10 PM by Can_of_Beans.)
My favorite horror movie is Waxwork.

Not because the movie is anything special, but because I had a crush on Deborah Foreman. Smile

[Image: 5461828_ori.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson