Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.57 Average
09-08-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...
[Image: 3otbsa.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
09-08-2015, 08:31 PM
(09-08-2015 07:53 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  This isn't a picture, but since we're on the subject... Smile

A GIF is a picture ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
09-08-2015, 08:37 PM
(08-08-2015 03:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 06:53 AM)BnW Wrote:  Saw the Foo Fighters last night. They played for 3 amazing hours. Dave Grohl was set up in this cool chair with his leg raised so he could play, but it did not impact his energy at all. They are coming back next Monday and I may go again.

Btw, here's the chair:

[Image: 150705121450-dave-grohl-on-throne-super-169.jpg]

Foo Fighters > Nirvana

Nirvana never had a chance to evolve. Foo Fighters is an evolutionary step beyond what Nirvana was, however the FF embrace pop which was never in the itinerary for nirvana so I can't quite agree with your assessment, even though I love me some Foo. You're judgement is unwarranted in my opinion. The comparison is unfair.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-08-2015, 08:43 PM
(09-08-2015 08:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 03:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Foo Fighters > Nirvana

Nirvana never had a chance to evolve. Foo Fighters is an evolutionary step beyond what Nirvana was, however the FF embrace pop which was never in the itinerary for nirvana so I can't quite agree with your assessment, even though I love me some Foo. You're judgement is unwarranted in my opinion. The comparison is unfair.

I like a lot of different music that spans many decades...I really like alternative...I, however, loathe Nirvana.

Free Bird and anything by Nirvana will cause me nearly crash my car in an attempt to turn off the music. I don't even try to change the station/song...I just want silence as soon as I hear either. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-08-2015, 08:48 PM
(09-08-2015 08:31 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 07:53 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  This isn't a picture, but since we're on the subject... Smile

A GIF is a picture ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Think he meant his video was not a picture.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
09-08-2015, 09:01 PM
(09-08-2015 08:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I like a lot of different music that spans many decades...I really like alternative...I, however, loathe Nirvana.

Free Bird and anything by Nirvana will cause me nearly crash my car in an attempt to turn off the music. I don't even try to change the station/song...I just want silence as soon as I hear either. Undecided

That's funny. You know, to be completely honest I'm not a huge Nirvana fan. I was when I was 15 or whatever, but moreso for the attitude and misfit recognition than anything else. I haven't really listened to them for ages. When it came down to actual music choice I prefer extremes depending on my mood at the time. I like to really identify with music. Life is better with a soundtrack, and better still if that soundtrack works like it should.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-08-2015, 09:25 PM
(09-08-2015 08:48 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 08:31 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  A GIF is a picture ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Think he meant his video was not a picture.

Exactly.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
09-08-2015, 09:44 PM
(09-08-2015 08:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 03:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Foo Fighters > Nirvana

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware my opinion needed to be fair... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
09-08-2015, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 09:58 PM by evenheathen.)
(09-08-2015 09:44 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 08:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Nirvana never had a chance to evolve. Foo Fighters is an evolutionary step beyond what Nirvana was, however the FF embrace pop which was never in the itinerary for nirvana so I can't quite agree with your assessment, even though I love me some Foo. You're judgement is unwarranted in my opinion. The comparison is unfair.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware my opinion needed to be fair... Dodgy

It doesn't. Mine doesn't either. That's beauty of music, isn't it? Sorry, whiskey talking..

Edit: I do agree wholeheartedly that the Foo is a completely more evolved band.
10-08-2015, 01:35 AM
[Image: FB_IMG_1439191999389_zpsdhfbavyi.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post