Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.57 Average
17-07-2016, 07:31 PM
RE: Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...
[Image: 5pej9Fd.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 20 users Like pablo's post
17-07-2016, 07:41 PM
(17-07-2016 06:01 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I thought the joke was that they were "playing Microsoft Word"

Ah, okay, so the entire joke is inserting that they're playing Microsoft Word. I thought they were claiming they were doing that as a result of there being something off about the picture.

Makes more sense now, thanks. Thumbsup

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
18-07-2016, 12:35 AM
[Image: 2016-06-17-731_Thoughts-and-Prayers.png]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 11 users Like Szuchow's post
18-07-2016, 12:59 AM
(17-07-2016 05:46 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 05:43 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Alright. I'd think the logical thing to do in that situation would be to explain what I'm missing. Smile

Something to do with your invisible emojis?

I don't see it either.

It's a stock photo, with people who are all quite clearly too close together and absolutely faking it in front of a laptop. With controllers, that look like Mad Catz peripherals for the PS2; they don't even look like they're plugged in. Not only that, but nobody in their right mind would play games like that. Not only are they all close enough to share the same air, but the two people with controllers are not even holding them the same way. The dad has his thumbs on the face buttons and d-pad, while the kid is jamming on both analog sticks.

It's a bad mock up of what someone who doesn't understanding gaming at all would make if they had to cram 4 people into the frame and try to make them sell the idea of having fun with a late 90's laptop. It all just looks so fake. So yeah, they probably are just staring at a blank screen; and Microsoft Word would be more likely than any actual game.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-07-2016, 12:10 PM
(17-07-2016 05:46 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 05:43 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Alright. I'd think the logical thing to do in that situation would be to explain what I'm missing. Smile

Something to do with your invisible emojis?

I don't see it either.
I'm using Tapatalk on my phone (see sig), and the emoji14 show up just fine.

I see you finally had things explained to you. I was giving you a chance to figure it out on your own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
18-07-2016, 05:40 PM
[Image: 8u2WwXM.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-07-2016, 05:56 PM
(18-07-2016 12:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 05:46 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I don't see it either.

It's a stock photo, with people who are all quite clearly too close together and absolutely faking it in front of a laptop. With controllers, that look like Mad Catz peripherals for the PS2; they don't even look like they're plugged in. Not only that, but nobody in their right mind would play games like that. Not only are they all close enough to share the same air, but the two people with controllers are not even holding them the same way. The dad has his thumbs on the face buttons and d-pad, while the kid is jamming on both analog sticks.

It's a bad mock up of what someone who doesn't understanding gaming at all would make if they had to cram 4 people into the frame and try to make them sell the idea of having fun with a late 90's laptop. It all just looks so fake. So yeah, they probably are just staring at a blank screen; and Microsoft Word would be more likely than any actual game.

I did realize that in the beginning but it I wasn't sure if I was missing something else.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
18-07-2016, 06:36 PM
[Image: b08bf31ffd43da3cf89a29852a876d35.jpg]

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like SitaSky's post
18-07-2016, 06:57 PM
One of neighbors just helping themselves.

[Image: BUSTED.png]

"They think, therefore I am" - god
[+] 3 users Like TechnoMonkey's post
18-07-2016, 07:08 PM
(18-07-2016 06:57 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  One of neighbors just helping themselves.

[Image: BUSTED.png]

We had a couple of those (Trash Panda) visitors about 15 YA when I was out of town on travel; they got in through the dog door. They mosied around the house, got into the bathtub (we know due to footprints), but didn't tear the place up, or tip over the trash, which was kind of a surprise. After that, the cover went over the dog door. They would have eaten our brainless (but sweet) little Maltese dogs.