Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.57 Average
09-08-2016, 07:06 AM
RE: Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...
The funny thing about the Boy Sprouts.....

They don't allow homosexuals.

However -- a man in wearing shorts and a handkerchief around his neck is going to sleep in a tent in the woods with a bunch of boys -- and we are to believe that "nothing's going on".....

suuuuureee......

Sounds legit........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2016, 07:09 AM
[Image: 1470666076434.jpeg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 5 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
09-08-2016, 07:37 AM
(09-08-2016 07:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The funny thing about the Boy Sprouts.....

They don't allow homosexuals.

However -- a man in wearing shorts and a handkerchief around his neck is going to sleep in a tent in the woods with a bunch of boys -- and we are to believe that "nothing's going on".....

suuuuureee......

Sounds legit........

The BSA has a massive fail on getting the difference between pedophiles and homosexuals. In order to avoid kids getting molested, there is a "two deep" leadership policy that is intended to avoid this. Every time you see a case of molestation, the leader in question was on an outing alone with the boys. That is not the policy, and the parents who are trusting the guy are fools. I was once in the leadership of a troop whose Scoutmaster was always saying that there was only going to be one leader on an outing. I kept hammering him that there was no outing without a minimum of 2 leaders. They always managed to scrape up enough adults. Never had a problem, either.
09-08-2016, 07:41 AM
(09-08-2016 07:37 AM)Fireball Wrote:  The BSA has a massive fail on getting the difference between pedophiles and homosexuals. In order to avoid kids getting molested, there is a "two deep" leadership policy that is intended to avoid this. Every time you see a case of molestation, the leader in question was on an outing alone with the boys. That is not the policy, and the parents who are trusting the guy are fools. I was once in the leadership of a troop whose Scoutmaster was always saying that there was only going to be one leader on an outing. I kept hammering him that there was no outing without a minimum of 2 leaders. They always managed to scrape up enough adults. Never had a problem, either.

Unfortunately, they are the not the only ones who can't see that those two groups are not synonymous. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
09-08-2016, 07:56 AM
(09-08-2016 07:37 AM)Fireball Wrote:  The BSA has a massive fail on getting the difference between pedophiles and homosexuals. In order to avoid kids getting molested, there is a "two deep" leadership policy that is intended to avoid this. Every time you see a case of molestation, the leader in question was on an outing alone with the boys. That is not the policy, and the parents who are trusting the guy are fools. I was once in the leadership of a troop whose Scoutmaster was always saying that there was only going to be one leader on an outing. I kept hammering him that there was no outing without a minimum of 2 leaders. They always managed to scrape up enough adults. Never had a problem, either.

We have on our island one of the largest, if not the largest, BSA camp in the US. My brother in law and I took a tour recently because he was considering sending his son and daughter there next summer.

I learned quite a few things regarding implemetation of safety for the kids.

1) Those who attend come as troops, not individually.
2) Each troop MUST HAVE two adult leaders.
3) A troop leader is never allowed to be one on one with a scout, either the other troop leader is present or another scout is present.
4) If, for instance, the troop was going sailing and one of the scouts is ill and has to stay back then one of the troop leaders AND another scout must remain behind as well.

I found that this protocol gave us some peace of mind.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-08-2016, 09:03 AM
(09-08-2016 07:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  

We have on our island one of the largest, if not the largest, BSA camp in the US. My brother in law and I took a tour recently because he was considering sending his son and daughter there next summer.

I learned quite a few things regarding implemetation of safety for the kids.

1) Those who attend come as troops, not individually.
2) Each troop MUST HAVE two adult leaders.
3) A troop leader is never allowed to be one on one with a scout, either the other troop leader is present or another scout is present.
4) If, for instance, the troop was going sailing and one of the scouts is ill and has to stay back then one of the troop leaders AND another scout must remain behind as well.

I found that this protocol gave us some peace of mind.

Truth is, the BSA doesn't want their youth molested. Protocols like these above virtually remove the threat of pedophiles. When I was a Merit Badge Counselor, there were at least two scouts or a parent or other leader present. If for nothing else, it protects me, in case the kid comes up with some strange ideas.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
09-08-2016, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016 11:06 AM by Shai Hulud.)
(09-08-2016 09:03 AM)Fireball Wrote:  If for nothing else, it protects me, in case the kid comes up with some strange ideas.

This is why I never shut my office door when meeting with a student. (Also why some priests have been switching to glass confessionals, or confession on the altar in full view, after the sex-abuse coverup; under the new regulations you're suspended and treated as guilty until proven innocent if there's an allegation.)
----
Funny pic to lighten the mood:

[Image: JJE0dpd.png?1]

Edit: And the bread-Titan (Warhammer 40k):
[Image: Bread_Titan.jpg]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
09-08-2016, 11:25 AM
[Image: outhouse-irony.jpg]

I'm filing this under "it could be worse." No

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 9 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
09-08-2016, 12:56 PM
[Image: 2tpdSJA.jpg]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like Shai Hulud's post
09-08-2016, 06:26 PM
[Image: push-to-open.jpg]
[+] 9 users Like I Am's post