Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.57 Average
23-08-2016, 06:43 PM
RE: Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...
(23-08-2016 05:41 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:01 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I'm not surprised, I almost fell into a pond because they wouldn't leave me alone and the cute little ducks scatter when they come around, but whatever. I'm sure they're like important...to the ecosystem or whatever.

In college, I finally got a date with this incredibly beautiful lady I'd been trying to get to go out with me for quite a while-- she wanted a ride on the motorcycle. So I rode out into the country to a nature preserve where my Zoology professor had been taking us for field research trips. It had a beautiful little public park in it with a bayou (lake) off the river, full of ducks and geese, a part which I had not yet had a chance to visit. So I pulled in, and set up a picnic.

She decided to feed the ducks, but one of the geese among them decided to get really aggressive. She was terrified and kept backing up as it came at her, and it suddenly lowered its head/neck level with the ground, opened its beak in a squawk, and charged at her. I ran to help but it was too far away for me to intercept.

But no worries, when it got in range, she leveled a kick directly to the bottom of its head, and hit it so hard that the head/neck went from completely horizontal to completely vertical, stopping the bird completely in its tracks.

As she continued to back up, the bird just stood there for a couple of seconds, like "WTF JUST HAPPENED!?!", then turned and stumbled back into the water. I was laughing so hard at the bird's reaction that she thought I was laughing at her terror.

I took her home with our meal unfinished. We didn't go out again. Heh.

Her loss. But she got in a good shot. Geese are VERY territorial, and will whup one's ass if one isn't careful. I had a friend with a goose when I was a kid. NOBODY went in their back yard, uninvited/unattended.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-08-2016, 08:31 PM
(23-08-2016 05:41 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:01 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I'm not surprised, I almost fell into a pond because they wouldn't leave me alone and the cute little ducks scatter when they come around, but whatever. I'm sure they're like important...to the ecosystem or whatever.

In college, I finally got a date with this incredibly beautiful lady I'd been trying to get to go out with me for quite a while-- she wanted a ride on the motorcycle. So I rode out into the country to a nature preserve where my Zoology professor had been taking us for field research trips. It had a beautiful little public park in it with a bayou (lake) off the river, full of ducks and geese, a part which I had not yet had a chance to visit. So I pulled in, and set up a picnic.

She decided to feed the ducks, but one of the geese among them decided to get really aggressive. She was terrified and kept backing up as it came at her, and it suddenly lowered its head/neck level with the ground, opened its beak in a squawk, and charged at her. I ran to help but it was too far away for me to intercept.

But no worries, when it got in range, she leveled a kick directly to the bottom of its head, and hit it so hard that the head/neck went from completely horizontal to completely vertical, stopping the bird completely in its tracks.

As she continued to back up, the bird just stood there for a couple of seconds, like "WTF JUST HAPPENED!?!", then turned and stumbled back into the water. I was laughing so hard at the bird's reaction that she thought I was laughing at her terror.

I took her home with our meal unfinished. We didn't go out again. Heh.

With Fireball that it was her loss. But darn, that kick sounds impressive!

[Image: 6kOSLxf.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
23-08-2016, 09:01 PM
[Image: thZ4W9170T-300x172.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
23-08-2016, 10:06 PM
(23-08-2016 03:59 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 01:48 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Laugh out load Tell us how you really feel about geese.

They're pretty awful, there's a park I go to sometimes to feed the ducks and geese will come out of fucking nowhere and chase me until I drop all the seeds I brought. One time my fiance brought some old pita bread and threw it toward them Frisbee style and it hit one of them right in the face, it just looked down and started eating it, it was so funny.

I have a goose vanquishing story. We towed banners behind planes for a business. The geese made a huge mess of the airport grass we operated off of, and were a hazard to flight operations. The airport management would fire off bombs, use dogs, whatever they could to reduce the problem.
I was on approach to snag the banner off the the ground, using a 5 pound steel grapple on a rope behind/below the plane. Something spooked a couple of geese and they took off right into my path. I maneuvered to avoid a collision, and the grapple hook scored a direct hit on one of them. My ground crew said the goose went into the lake "like a lawn dart". Normally I'd feel bad, but it was a Censored goose, ya know? Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
23-08-2016, 11:22 PM
The dude has a point...

[Image: IznflXW.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-08-2016, 11:44 PM
[Image: offend%20geeks.jpg]

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 5 users Like Gloucester's post
24-08-2016, 03:03 AM
(23-08-2016 11:44 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  [Image: offend%20geeks.jpg]

As I said on a previous occasion when this was posted ... it's 5!
(with a double connection to Sir Ian McKellen)
Smartass

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-08-2016, 05:04 AM
[Image: CqmzaaTW8AAKpn_.jpg:large]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 4 users Like Silly Deity's post
24-08-2016, 05:10 AM
(24-08-2016 03:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

As I said on a previous occasion when this was posted ... it's 5!
(with a double connection to Sir Ian McKellen)
Smartass
Oops, haven't looked that far back in the posts!

Has Sir Ian a cult following? Didn't know that.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
24-08-2016, 08:09 AM

I'm all four of them Angry

Angel

The best thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be wrong.

The worst thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be right.
[+] 1 user Likes thatoneguy's post