Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.57 Average
08-09-2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...
(08-09-2016 11:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 11:37 AM)izel Wrote:  Don't drive and masturbate

[Image: 49EUIEe.gif]

How in the fuck did lightning strike a car? Between the other much larger and close by metal structures with a direct connection to the ground, and that SUV's rubber tires insulating it, how in the fucking hell was it the path of least resistance?

God's will.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-09-2016, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016 11:57 AM by Gloucester.)

How in the fuck did lightning strike a car? Between the other much larger and close by metal structures with a direct connection to the ground, and that SUV's rubber tires insulating it, how in the fucking hell was it the path of least resistance?

Good point, EK.

I was wondering about an, er, attractive static charge on the car but the weather looks wrong for that.

Watched many times to try to see the actual strike point but framing not reliable on my tablet. But it does seem to exit near the exhaust.

Wonder what happened to the occupants? Hopefully the current flowed through the skin of the vehicle, as it does in most aircraft strikes, leaving the occupants merely shitting themselves!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
08-09-2016, 12:24 PM
[Image: ft9sJ6o.jpg]

Because Ralph Wiggum makes me laugh:

[Image: olKi3IL.png]

[Image: kwfUEzQ.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
08-09-2016, 12:39 PM
Lightning strikes vehicles all the time. It appears that it had been raining, so the tires could be good and wet. In any event, the tires aren't any more insulation than that of the atmosphere between the vehicle and the other end of the bolt. An automobile is actually a pretty good place to be when there is lightning. Most of the energy will follow the metal around the occupants. The Electromagnetic Pulse appears to have trashed the vehicle's electronics, since it rolled to a stop.
08-09-2016, 12:55 PM
[Image: Walmart_zps1wjfdow0.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 15 users Like Anjele's post
08-09-2016, 02:19 PM
(08-09-2016 12:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Lightning strikes vehicles all the time. It appears that it had been raining, so the tires could be good and wet. In any event, the tires aren't any more insulation than that of the atmosphere between the vehicle and the other end of the bolt. An automobile is actually a pretty good place to be when there is lightning. Most of the energy will follow the metal around the occupants. The Electromagnetic Pulse appears to have trashed the vehicle's electronics, since it rolled to a stop.
Similar to my conclusions in the end. But I forgot the effect of the EMP on the electronics. Mind still stuck in the days when I could identify everything under the bonnet/hood and fix most of them! Can't even adjust the timing or fuel/air ratio on my Toyota Shopping Trolley without a computer!

08-09-2016, 02:25 PM

I always chuckle at stuff like this.....

Look -- that lightning bolt just jumped 2 miles of air -- which has a far greater resistance than 3/8 of an inch of rubber. And remember -- those tires also have about 5 lbs of stainless steel wound through them .... (steel belted radials)....

Those tires ain't squat.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-09-2016, 02:58 PM
(08-09-2016 02:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(08-09-2016 11:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  How in the fuck did lightning strike a car? Between the other much larger and close by metal structures with a direct connection to the ground, and that SUV's rubber tires insulating it, how in the fucking hell was it the path of least resistance?

I always chuckle at stuff like this.....

Look -- that lightning bolt just jumped 2 miles of air -- which has a far greater resistance than 3/8 of an inch of rubber. And remember -- those tires also have about 5 lbs of stainless steel wound through them .... (steel belted radials)....

Those tires ain't squat.
Apart from that the thing that makes tyres black is carbon, a fair conductor at high voltage. In my last job we had trouble finding people who could make rubber that was a sufficient insulator for lining pipes in electromagnetic fluid flow measuring units!

We actually used rubber cups as part of an eletrostatic screening component. Very high voltages drive currents that run through such materials. Try measuring the resistance of a car ignition lead with, basically, a carbon core conductor!

08-09-2016, 03:09 PM
[Image: d0b7c871cb35749efd75489fd8298bc7.jpg]

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like SitaSky's post
08-09-2016, 07:17 PM
[Image: 19IZWEa.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like Shai Hulud's post