Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.57 Average
09-05-2014, 08:27 AM
RE: Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...
(09-05-2014 08:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 06:20 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  That's a good point. I wonder if the studio has thought this and weighed the option of modernizing her look against the fan outrage that it would incite. Could be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

Change her look and the loyal fans will riot and boycott the movies, but you'll get more of the general public.

Keep her look and you'll get more loyal fans, but the general public will see it as campy and outdated.

Of course, knowing comic fans and the internet like I do, the loyal fans are going to be pissed off about something no matter what they do. I say, update her look to something more modern and badass and let the fans bitch. They're going to anyway.

If the movie shows a credible transition from old look to new look, the fanbois will be largely mollified.

I think they're just going to turn her into the "Sneaky hot girl" like MARVEL did to about every woman superhero in the movies.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2014, 08:29 AM
(09-05-2014 06:20 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  That's a good point. I wonder if the studio has thought this and weighed the option of modernizing her look against the fan outrage that it would incite. Could be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

Change her look and the loyal fans will riot and boycott the movies, but you'll get more of the general public.

Keep her look and you'll get more loyal fans, but the general public will see it as campy and outdated.

Of course, knowing comic fans and the internet like I do, the loyal fans are going to be pissed off about something no matter what they do. I say, update her look to something more modern and badass and let the fans bitch. They're going to anyway.

If the movie shows a credible transition from old look to new look, the fanbois will be largely mollified.

... and there is an obvious moment to do it and with a little humour...
Old look on Amazon planet.
Odd stares and giggles once on Earth demanding a more earthy look.

Smartass

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
09-05-2014, 08:30 AM

Consider

That could work. Of course, that would require movie execs to greenlight something with credibility, which is rarer than a virgin stripper.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
09-05-2014, 08:42 AM
(09-05-2014 08:30 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  ...
which is rarer than a virgin stripper.

They're not rare!

Are you telling us that you've never stripped a virgin?

You should get out more.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
09-05-2014, 08:46 AM
(09-05-2014 08:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 08:30 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  ...
which is rarer than a virgin stripper.

They're not rare!

Are you telling us that you've never stripped a virgin?

You should get out more.

Drinking Beverage

Only once, but if I go into more detail, we'd have to move this convo to the SBT.

Perhaps for the pedantically inclined, I should have specified "an exotic nude dancer who also happens to have an intact hymen."

Better?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-05-2014, 11:36 AM
(09-05-2014 08:27 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 08:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  If the movie shows a credible transition from old look to new look, the fanbois will be largely mollified.

I think they're just going to turn her into the "Sneaky hot girl" like MARVEL did to about every woman superhero in the movies.

Well, Black Widow doesn't have any super powers, and neither does Pepper Pots, Jane Foster or Darcy. Lady Sif is an Asgardian and a badass fighter to boot, but even she is a secondary character in the Thor specific movies. Gamora in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy looks to be true to character's comic book badass form (she wields a sword called The Godslayer, because that's what it does).

Who outside of Black Widow is a 'sneaky hot girl'?

But seriously, I want to see Ms. Marvel pop up eventually. Disney/Marvel, make it happen! Angry

[Image: Ms._Marvel_Vol_2_45.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-05-2014, 06:31 PM
[Image: i-Rz6wmVM-1050x10000.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
09-05-2014, 08:02 PM
(08-05-2014 02:35 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Am I the only one who thinks that the only reason no one does this is because a real life Wonder Woman (tiara and all) would look quite ridiculous in the 21st century? (yeah, even more than Captain America)

You're gonna regret giving Girly that idea. Evil_monster

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-05-2014, 12:39 PM
[Image: 385850_10151557970298048_934813058_n.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-05-2014, 12:42 PM
(10-05-2014 12:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: 385850_10151557970298048_934813058_n.jpg]

If there was ever something that should go viral...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post