Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.57 Average
22-09-2016, 02:21 PM
RE: Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else...
(22-09-2016 01:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: U1JdNfb.jpg]

I'll make the obligatory Devil's Advocate observation that the government and the nation are not necessarily the same thing - that one can love the country and distrust the government at the same time.

But yeah, the point really hits home - people who place undue importance on patriotic ceremonies and displays while also preparing for violent confrontation with their own government are certainly an interesting bunch.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
22-09-2016, 02:37 PM
(22-09-2016 02:21 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 01:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: U1JdNfb.jpg]

I'll make the obligatory Devil's Advocate observation that the government and the nation are not necessarily the same thing - that one can love the country and distrust the government at the same time.

But yeah, the point really hits home - people who place undue importance on patriotic ceremonies and displays while also preparing for violent confrontation with their own government are certainly an interesting bunch.
Something similar was going through my mind. I love my nation, its territory and people.

Its government and ruler deserve only what loyalty they personally earn. Currently the government, in fact the whole political establishment, is a pile of crap.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
22-09-2016, 02:56 PM
I'll repeat a question I never get an answer to: If you carry guns because you don't trust other people with guns why should I trust you?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
22-09-2016, 03:00 PM
(22-09-2016 02:56 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'll repeat a question I never get an answer to: If you carry guns because you don't trust other people with guns why should I trust you?

Who said you're supposed to???

And who said we care???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
22-09-2016, 04:28 PM
(22-09-2016 02:56 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'll repeat a question I never get an answer to: If you carry guns because you don't trust other people with guns why should I trust you?

Because that's not what it is. People without guns can also be dangerous.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2016, 05:19 PM
I'm just tired of people being "outraged" about some asshole football player not standing for the anthem.

If these folks are so sensitive about everything around them, you'd think they'd have all killed themselves by now.
23-09-2016, 04:03 AM
[Image: azjgGOj_700b_v2.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-09-2016, 04:07 AM
(22-09-2016 02:21 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I'll make the obligatory Devil's Advocate observation that the government and the nation are not necessarily the same thing - that one can love the country and distrust the government at the same time.

(22-09-2016 02:37 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Something similar was going through my mind. I love my nation, its territory and people.

Its government and ruler deserve only what loyalty they personally earn. Currently the government, in fact the whole political establishment, is a pile of crap.

(22-09-2016 03:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Who said you're supposed to???

And who said we care???

(22-09-2016 04:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because that's not what it is. People without guns can also be dangerous.

(22-09-2016 05:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  I'm just tired of people being "outraged" about some asshole football player not standing for the anthem.

If these folks are so sensitive about everything around them, you'd think they'd have all killed themselves by now.

Can you all take this talk someplace else? You're getting your serious business all over my silly cat pictures thread!

[Image: KXBjfpQ.gif]

[Image: OACGBop.gif]

[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-09-2016, 06:16 AM
(23-09-2016 04:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: azjgGOj_700b_v2.jpg]

But, but, but...what about the fluoride? Gasp

**or lead if in Michigan

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-09-2016, 06:24 AM
(23-09-2016 06:16 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 04:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: azjgGOj_700b_v2.jpg]

But, but, but...what about the fluoride? Gasp

**or lead if in Michigan

I suppose if you wanted to get really fancy with your ice, you could use distilled water. Consider

[Image: MH943-1222.jpg]